CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Ok I see what your getting at now. I have freedom and ink as well but honestly I rarely use the freedom. Mainly CSR and ink. I spend a lot so getting points comes along with that. I need to figure out the redemption tricks to get more towards travel. I signed up for some partner program with Hilton and it didn’t seem like I saved much if anything
I'm meh on Hilton as their points arent worth shit and they dont partner with Chase, but thats me

You are probably shorting yourself a ton of points if you arent looking where you're spending the most money and seeing if you can get a higher earn rate than 1.5 a CFU or CIU gives you, a CSR is only 1 as you said.

As far as maximizing points, its all about transferring points and travel partners. I dont have a ton of experience there but there are Facebook groups and sites that help a ton. I think awardhacker.com is a popular site to look up. For example when I was booking a trip to Alaska, I had a ton of chase points. I transferred a bunch to Singapore Airlines because one of their partner airlines was Alaska Airlines. With the Singapore miles I booked roundtrip tickets on Alaska. I ended up getting several cents per point that way. Sadly Covid canceled the trip and I have 75k Singapore miles just sitting there that are going to expire in like a year or two I have to make sure I use and dont forget about :hs:

HenrayPG

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2007
LV
I'm meh on Hilton as their points arent worth shit and they dont partner with Chase, but thats me

You are probably shorting yourself a ton of points if you arent looking where you're spending the most money and seeing if you can get a higher earn rate than 1.5 a CFU or CIU gives you, a CSR is only 1 as you said.

As far as maximizing points, its all about transferring points and travel partners. I dont have a ton of experience there but there are Facebook groups and sites that help a ton. I think awardhacker.com is a popular site to look up. For example when I was booking a trip to Alaska, I had a ton of chase points. I transferred a bunch to Singapore Airlines because one of their partner airlines was Alaska Airlines. With the Singapore miles I booked roundtrip tickets on Alaska. I ended up getting several cents per point that way. Sadly Covid canceled the trip and I have 75k Singapore miles just sitting there that are going to expire in like a year or two I have to make sure I use and dont forget about :hs:

My biggest spending isn’t travel/dining or anything that falls into extra point categories I’ve seen so I take what I can get. That’s why I was starting to think one of these 2% cash back cards may be best

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
ok, I sound like a broken record here, but has anyone successfully downgraded their CSP, then re-applied for it, and got the 100k bonus?
I'm planning on doing this asap as I want to plan for an upcoming trip.
I know it's been discussed that it should theoretically be possible, but I don't recall if anyone actually pulled it off or not. Also, would I need to cash out my existing CSP points before doing this or can I transfer them? Thanks!

El Molinon

sup
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
ok, I sound like a broken record here, but has anyone successfully downgraded their CSP, then re-applied for it, and got the 100k bonus?
I know it's been discussed that it should theoretically be possible, but I don't recall if anyone actually pulled it off or not. Also, would I need to cash out my existing CSP points before doing this or can I transfer them? Thanks!
dunno. never tried to downgrade.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Confirmed on a thread on r/churning. You can downgrade, wait 3-4 days, then upgrade and receive the bonus. Perfect.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
I may face this next year as I dont wanna pay the $550 AF with very little benefit.

The points thing I guess is up to you but you can either transfer them somewhere you know you will use them, or just to another chase card. Then hold them there until you get another CSR/CSP/CIP to transfer them out from (or use the chase portal at 1.5x)

Reactions: Hisma

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
welp I snagged tickets to both nights of Metallicas 40th anniversary concerts last night when they released them

So now I'm going to DC in a few days and then SF the weekend before Christmas and NYC on Christmas day till NYE.

FUCK flights to SFO have gone up so fucking much. Gonna cost me 50-60k points for two round trips with stops. Gonna book SW for sure as they seem cheaper, but also they are the only people that will actually give me a fucking refund especially with points it aint no thing.

Hyatt categories have gone up since I went, I stayed in a Cat 3 in Fisherman's Wharf and now it's a 5. 20k a night, or $138 a night which comes out to $585 after tax and fees. I guess I'll just pay cash on the Hyatt card :hs:

Trying to earn Globalist this year. If I hit all my stays I'm planning, and can spend $5k on the Hyatt card I'll be 1 night away.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Speaking of Hyatt card, dont forget the 5x gas etc ends 8/15. Currently no other upcoming gas bonuses in sight so I'll probably load up on gift cards (even though I can get them at OD/OM with 5x Chase points I think I'll try to spend $5k to earn Globalist as I said above)

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
August 16th CSP makeover

New category bonuses​

$50 hotel credit​

• A $50 annual credit on hotel stays purchased through Ultimate Rewards.

Cardmember anniversary bonus​

• 10% of your points back each year based on your card spending

Apparently this is the new card design

6FjgOlw.jpg

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Has there been any announcement if the DashPass benefits and DoorDash statement credit will continue beyond 2021?

That's pretty much the only thing keeping the Reserve worthwhile for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor