CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Aw fuck yes, more bonuses! Too bad I just made some hotel reservations two weeks ago.

Just about to hit my spend to get my 100,000 bonus. The lady is working towards hers, and I get the 20,000 for the referral. :coold:

Reactions: Sailor Jerry

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
dammit, think i tried to apply to early :wtc: dude told me i need to wait a month past my 48 months to reapply

PAYSCHINCE BISH

GFUje46.png

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
dammit, think i tried to apply to early :wtc: dude told me i need to wait a month past my 48 months to reapply

PAYSCHINCE BISH

GFUje46.png
Lol the 48 months is just for a sign up bonus. They straight up denied you so something else is going on.

If you're under 5/24 call the recon line. They might just need to verify your identity.

Reactions: roffle

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Lol the 48 months is just for a sign up bonus. They straight up denied you so something else is going on.

If you're under 5/24 call the recon line. They might just need to verify your identity.
The 48 months is for the bonus, correct, but they will not issue the card without the bonus, so if you don't meet the cutoff for the 48 months == no approval.

Reactions: Vanilla Tarantino

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
So I currently have a CSR and a Freedom card that was downgraded from the CSP a few years back.

I'm going to downgrade the CSR to the Freedom Unlimited, as I don't see myself getting $250 worth of benefits with no confirmation of any continuing Doordash credits into 2022, and I've just recently renewed my TSA-Pre as well, so only benefit really is the $300 travel credit.

Should I apply for the CSP again for the bonus first, or downgrade and then apply? Will it even matter if I haven't gotten a Chase card since 2016?

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
So I currently have a CSR and a Freedom card that was downgraded from the CSP a few years back.

I'm going to downgrade the CSR to the Freedom Unlimited, as I don't see myself getting $250 worth of benefits with no confirmation of any continuing Doordash credits into 2022, and I've just recently renewed my TSA-Pre as well, so only benefit really is the $300 travel credit.

Should I apply for the CSP again for the bonus first, or downgrade and then apply? Will it even matter if I haven't gotten a Chase card since 2016?
You are not eligible for the Preferred bonus if you currently have a Preferred or a Reserve. You must downgrade first and then wait a few days before applying.

You must also be 48 months past receiving your previous Sapphire bonus (for both Preferred AND Reserve).

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
You are not eligible for the Preferred bonus if you currently have a Preferred or a Reserve. You must downgrade first and then wait a few days before applying.

You must also be 48 months past receiving your previous Sapphire bonus (for both Preferred AND Reserve).
I'm definitely past 48 months for both, got both in 2016. I'll call in this week and downgrade my Reserve. :hs:

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
I'm definitely past 48 months for both, got both in 2016. I'll call in this week and downgrade my Reserve. :hs:
Sad to see it go, but especially with the new Preferred perks, Preferred is becoming the better value for many people.

Let me know if you need a referral if you’re applying online :x: (although it’s a better value for you to apply in branch since the first year fee is waived).

TheLank

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
Pearland
So, if I get the last several posts in this thread correctly, I should downgrade mine (and the wife's) CSR to CSP that they have been asking us to do for over a year. After some number of days, then we can reapply for the CSR and get the 100k bonus points again?

I'm assuming this is an additional card? Or is this moving the CSP back to a CSR?

Sorry, I'm yarded here...have nearly 1mln pts between our 2 cards on CSR and don't really look at points generation, but if we can get 200k for nothing... let's do it.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
So, if I get the last several posts in this thread correctly, I should downgrade mine (and the wife's) CSR to CSP that they have been asking us to do for over a year. After some number of days, then we can reapply for the CSR and get the 100k bonus points again?

I'm assuming this is an additional card? Or is this moving the CSP back to a CSR?

Sorry, I'm yarded here...have nearly 1mln pts between our 2 cards on CSR and don't really look at points generation, but if we can get 200k for nothing... let's do it.
Yes, downgrade and reapply. You will get a new number but your downgraded card will keep all your old points.
Don't freak out if you don't get instant approval. Mine took 4 days to go through.

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco

you have to downgrade to like a freedom or lower(see below). you are also applying for a new CSR . its not an upgrade of one of your current cards :nono:

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL

No no no.

You have to downgrade to a freedom or freedom unlimited. You can't have 2 sapphire cards so if you downgrade to CSP you get no bonus and can't apply for another. :o

Also isn't it the CSP that has the 100k?

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
So I'm going to call to downgrade my CSR to a Freedom Unlimited.

Then I wait a few days and re-apply for the CSP? Is there a link we're supposed to use to sign up for the bonus points?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor