CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
seems like chase wants to steer new customers to the CSP over the CSR. My only guess is that chase has plans to make the CSR more enticing once it's done sweetening CSP. But as of now the value of CSR is simply not there.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
So I'm going to call to downgrade my CSR to a Freedom Unlimited.

Then I wait a few days and re-apply for the CSP? Is there a link we're supposed to use to sign up for the bonus points?
yeah wait like 3 days and re-apply. Apply online through your chase login, that's the easiest.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I’m spending $500/year on my stupid Marriott Bonvoy card because I used to travel for work…I haven’t been on a plane or had a multi-night hotel stay in two years. No intentions of traveling soon either.

What are people doing with their current freauent flyer miles and hotel points? Converting to retail gift cards or some shit? Cash back?

TheLank

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
Pearland
Yes, downgrade and reapply. You will get a new number but your downgraded card will keep all your old points.
Don't freak out if you don't get instant approval. Mine took 4 days to go through.

you have to downgrade to like a freedom or lower(see below). you are also applying for a new CSR . its not an upgrade of one of your current cards :nono:

No no no.

You have to downgrade to a freedom or freedom unlimited. You can't have 2 sapphire cards so if you downgrade to CSP you get no bonus and can't apply for another. :o

Also isn't it the CSP that has the 100k?
I got y'all... Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
the increased rewards along w/ the 100k bonus I don't see how CSR is even justifiable at this point.
You’d have to basically use every benefit, DoorDash, Lyft, Peloton, etc. I only use DoorDash, but the statement credit of $60 isn’t enough and DashPass is a CSP benefit too.

Reactions: Hisma

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
You’d have to basically use every benefit, DoorDash, Lyft, Peloton, etc. I only use DoorDash, but the statement credit of $60 isn’t enough and DashPass is a CSP benefit too.
and as I keep telling everyone, all those "extra" benefits they are offering expire at the end of the year

So unless they change things, every thing they have shown as far as dates, how they word things etc all shows they are ending all of those benefits and pay yourself back are all ending

But like someone said, maybe they later revamp the CSR...but they are acting like this is a revamp, and have already increased the AF by $100 and the CSP has a 100k SUB so

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Reward points will just carry over to the downgraded Freedom Unlimited right?

Should I just transfer them over to my other Freedom card that will remain active just in case? :o

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
So I'm going to call to downgrade my CSR to a Freedom Unlimited.

Then I wait a few days and re-apply for the CSP? Is there a link we're supposed to use to sign up for the bonus points?
Correct, call to downgrade, then wait a few days (4-5 business days should be good).

If you apply in branch, the first year annual fee ($95) should be waived.

If you apply online, you still pay the annual fee. Just go in to the Chase portal, select the CSP, and apply. There is no special link you need to follow unless you want to get a referral from somebody here ( *cough* ) and get them a 20k point bonus. Referral bonus only works online, not for in branch application.

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
do you get back any of the annual fee if you downgrade from the CSR to a freedom card? I believe my annual fee posted in July 2021.

Also is there a way to check when you last got the bonus points? is there a bonus point history or somewhere so i know if i would qualify for the new bonus?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74