CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
as ive been bitching about, I have the worst fucking luck for lounge shit. Every place I've looked into going or layover spot hasn't had a lounge. Finally got one with a layover in Vegas, I'll be damned.

SW just changed my flights and now I'm having to leave the city sooner than I'd like, and I have to come back through PHX which no longer has the lounge I was in a couple years ago. :madfawk: That was the last lounge I was in actually. I can switch to any flight for free, but none are direct and if I want a layover with a lounge I have to leave in the morning. :madfawk:

How the fuck does Denver not have a PP lounge?

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
as ive been bitching about, I have the worst fucking luck for lounge shit. Every place I've looked into going or layover spot hasn't had a lounge. Finally got one with a layover in Vegas, I'll be damned.

SW just changed my flights and now I'm having to leave the city sooner than I'd like, and I have to come back through PHX which no longer has the lounge I was in a couple years ago. :madfawk: That was the last lounge I was in actually. I can switch to any flight for free, but none are direct and if I want a layover with a lounge I have to leave in the morning. :madfawk:

Denver has a restaurant, steak place I forget what it’s called, that you can use your restaurant credit at.

Reactions: couchlock

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ

:rofl:

Use Amex lounge

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
So once you get $120 for them it's done forever?
Correct. We hit the $120 limit on Peloton, $120 on doordash, and $300 travel credit, then downgraded to the Freedom Unlimited before the $625 AF hit (550+75 Auth user). Then signed up for a CSP to get the 100k bonus, and the CSP has its own $60 Peloton credit.

Not to mention the absolutely absurd credit limit we got approved for :rofl:

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
Really seems like Chase fucked up with the CSR, but I'm sure people smarter than all of us determined that it made sense for whatever reason.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Correct. We hit the $120 limit on Peloton, $120 on doordash, and $300 travel credit, then downgraded to the Freedom Unlimited before the $625 AF hit (550+75 Auth user). Then signed up for a CSP to get the 100k bonus, and the CSP has its own $60 Peloton credit.

Not to mention the absolutely absurd credit limit we got approved for :rofl:
I get $300 travel credit per year every year and have for like 5+ years now. It's just Peloton that's $120 total?

Reactions: Capt. Hammer

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
yeah wait like 3 days and re-apply. Apply online through your chase login, that's the easiest.

I'm in the same boat. Have had CSR since 2016. Time to downgrade and then go CSP route!

Same. Downgraded to the Freedom Unlimited. The chick on the phone sounded like she'd done it a thousand times :rofl:

I just called Chase to downgrade to Chase Freedom and it was so nonchalant. No offers to keep me on CSR after so many years.

If I apply for the CSP at the bank next week aren’t they just going to use the portal like I do at home? How do they waive the annual fee on the spot?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
I just called Chase to downgrade to Chase Freedom and it was so nonchalant. No offers to keep me on CSR after so many years.

If I apply for the CSP at the bank next week aren’t they just going to use the portal like I do at home? How do they waive the annual fee on the spot?
I thought they ended the branch promotion already?

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
I thought they ended the branch promotion already?
I have no clue. I held off the CSR downgrade and CSP application until my big purchase cleared first. If the promotion ends next week I’m going to be 50% choked lol.

Last edited:

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Bought a lawn mower on my new CSP to get the 100k points. Don't have any travel coming up, so I used the 100k points to knock $1,250 off the lawn mower.

Working on the 75k Amex Gold bonus now. Fucked up and should have seen if I could get the 150k point Platinum offer first.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Subliminal012

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
San Francisco, CA
MDD, apply for CSR then apply for CSP within 24 hours, then log into chase and get gym for home.

rHcDboE.jpeg

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor