CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
For the new amex benefit of shop small, is there a way of seeing if a place will code as shop small before applying? The map doesn't include all businesses.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Opened a new business account today at my local chase branch. While there I was offered a business ink card with 100k signing bonus after 15k spend. $95 af. Was instantly approved in branch. Totally unexpected as all I wanted to do was open the account. Pretty high spend but I'll find a way to plough through it.
Just FYI for anyone looking for another nice bonus.

Reactions: bearsdidit

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Opened a new business account today at my local chase branch. While there I was offered a business ink card with 100k signing bonus after 15k spend. $95 af. Was instantly approved in branch. Totally unexpected as all I wanted to do was open the account. Pretty high spend but I'll find a way to plough through it.
$15k oof they’re usually $4k :o

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
I got an offer from a card one time that was $700/yr, but they had a dedicated customer service team that would watch your transactions and if you booked a economy flight they would call the airline and upgrade you to first class at no additional charge to you. If you booked a basic room in a hotel, they would call the hotel and upgrade you to the best room in the hotel. Same thing with rental cars, book an economy car and they would upgrade you to the luxury booking.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Is there a guide to how to churn cards and points?

I only currently have the Chase United card.
Do you have any hotels or airlines you are loyal to? I can guide you through a lot of shit and answer any questions you have. Others can help too or fill in any gaps

Obviously I see you have a United card. I'd maybe assume thats one, but maybe not too.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Finished my CIU spend. So 75k points. Thats after the CIP 100k SUB. All through my EIN (anyone can get one)

Trying to get more Hyatt spend to earn more elite nights to get me to a Explorist (mid-tier level, upgraded rooms that aren't suites so maybe rooms with a better view) Wish I could get to Globalist with the 1/2 requirements this year, but there's no way I could.

Hyatt also introduced up to 1000 bonus points a month for the rest of the year if you spend a grand each month on the Hyatt card. 1 bonus point for dollar up to a grand is how it works I think?

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah it's wtf high, but it's assuming you're covering business expenses with the card

Whatchoo doin fer bizniz :squint:

CUCUY

LOVE TO LICK
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2006
HOUSTON, TX.
Do you have any hotels or airlines you are loyal to? I can guide you through a lot of shit and answer any questions you have. Others can help too or fill in any gaps

Obviously I see you have a United card. I'd maybe assume thats one, but maybe not too.
I do travel a lot for work and fly primarily United. Sometimes I do fly Delta or Aeromexico though.

I mainly stay at IHG hotels, but I am lifetime Diamond with Hilton.

National car rental.

I'm top tier super duper status with all, except for United. I'm only Premier 1K and not Global Services.

I mainly use company card, but occasionally use my United card and accumulate about $8k a month in it, and pay it as expense reports clear (which is within 18 days).

Reactions: couchlock

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Planning for the Southwest Companion Pass is on deck too. Thankfully SW has pretty low minimum spend on all cards.

Hard to beat 125k Southwest Rapid Rewards AND a free passenger for 2 damn years as a sign up bonus (well 2 cards)

Might be a good time to get rid of the CSR with these cards too. One of the premium SW cards has TSA/ reimbursement which I'll be due for around the time I cancel. Waiting until next year to cancel as I can get the $300 travel credit before I cancel and if I'm lucky maybe some lounge will be open that I have access too that isn't open currently. I doubt it though with my luck with getting lounge access the last couple years.Also if I have a SW CP for 2 years, I probably wouldn't be using the portal much anyway. I didnt use it a lot as I've mostly used SW, mostly.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
My crypto portfolio is generating income in the ether that is the blockchain. So none of it is tracked / reported by say, coinbase or traditional crypto exchanges. The only evidence I have that crypto is making me money is when an ach lands in my bank account. So I can be creative with my reporting. Not trying to dodge taxes or anything, just trying to find a way to tell uncle Sam why there's a steady stream of money appearing in my bank account. Rather than just claiming cap gains, I'll reat it as business income.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
My crypto portfolio is generating income in the ether that is the blockchain. So none of it is tracked / reported by say, coinbase or traditional crypto exchanges. The only evidence I have that crypto is making me money is when an ach lands in my bank account. So I can be creative with my reporting. Not trying to dodge taxes or anything, just trying to find a way to tell uncle Sam why there's a steady stream of money appearing in my bank account. Rather than just claiming cap gains, I'll reat it as business income.
Oh boy. Good luck with the audit.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74