CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

chickenfcker

OT Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
I've gotten the CSP 100k, the Amex Gold 75k, and the Citi Custom Cash 20k in the past few months.

Kinda want the Citi Premier 80k, but it seems like you need zero inquiries in six months for that one.

I opened 8 cards this year, Citi Premier was my most recent one, no issues getting approved

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
F

5htjqFy.png

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
question for CSP/R crew...

is the annual fee typically applied at the date you open the card, or is it a set date for all members and prorated?

I upgraded my CSP/R card in July 2019 and just saw the annual charges applied November 1st....

I thought I was in the card for another year...is it possible for me to close the card and get the fee waived if I want to move onto another rewards card?

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
Long time listener, first time caller..

We have the CSR (that we use for basically everything) and the Amazon Prime card (that we just use for Amazon purchases). We recently started renting out a second house on VRBO and think it might be easier for finances to have a business card for expenses related to that. Any recs? We're planning on quite a lot of travel next year (and after, as long as the Vid flattens or decreases).

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Long time listener, first time caller..

We have the CSR (that we use for basically everything) and the Amazon Prime card (that we just use for Amazon purchases). We recently started renting out a second house on VRBO and think it might be easier for finances to have a business card for expenses related to that. Any recs? We're planning on quite a lot of travel next year (and after, as long as the Vid flattens or decreases).
Chase Ink broseph. Google the card to find the highest sign up bonus.

Reactions: Ffej207

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
got my chase business ink today. Now I just gotta find a way to run up 15k on it lol
See if you can get any extra family purchases on it. Which Ink?
Dont forget to factor in your credit limit too. They are giving much lower credit limits than they used to, and I had to basically hit my credit limit each month to even have a chance to hit the min spend. IIRC, 3 months of my credit limit was $1k higher than the minimum spend. So if I didnt max the card out the first 2 months, or come close I was gonna be fukt

I'd wait until towards the end of the month/spending period but some things people do to hit a min spend-
Load up on gift cards. Pretty obvious but anything you're going to be buying in the future, especially like Amazon credit or whatever. Buy a year of Netflix/whatever membership.
You can often prepay/put a credit balance on your account for your cell and other utilities several months in advance
Make sure every reoccurring charge is on that card, even annual ones.
Things you may need in the not too distant future like buy a set of tires, Christmas gifts, any kind of bills/tution you can pay off that let you use a card without a fee or a small one.
Get a 2nd card and/or add it to your girls Apple Pay and try to have her charge anything and everything she can on it and then pay you back.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
See if you can get any extra family purchases on it. Which Ink?
Dont forget to factor in your credit limit too. They are giving much lower credit limits than they used to, and I had to basically hit my credit limit each month to even have a chance to hit the min spend. IIRC, 3 months of my credit limit was $1k higher than the minimum spend. So if I didnt max the card out the first 2 months, or come close I was gonna be fukt

I'd wait until towards the end of the month/spending period but some things people do to hit a min spend-
Load up on gift cards. Pretty obvious but anything you're going to be buying in the future, especially like Amazon credit or whatever. Buy a year of Netflix/whatever membership.
You can often prepay/put a credit balance on your account for your cell and other utilities several months in advance
Make sure every reoccurring charge is on that card, even annual ones.
Things you may need in the not too distant future like buy a set of tires, Christmas gifts, any kind of bills/tution you can pay off that let you use a card without a fee or a small one.
Get a 2nd card and/or add it to your girls Apple Pay and try to have her charge anything and everything she can on it and then pay you back.
It's an ink business preferred that was offered to me in branch when I went to open a business account. Not sure if it's available to the public.
15k spend for 100k points

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
It's an ink business preferred that was offered to me in branch when I went to open a business account. Not sure if it's available to the public.
15k spend for 100k points
Ya same one that I got online about 6 months ago or so. I've hit up 4 100k offers I think. CSR, CIP x 2 and the Sapphire banking bonus.

Reactions: Hisma

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
IjsXQAFl.png

Showed up in the mail today :dunno:
Lots of people in teh chase groups were getting them but only their "most valuable/special" clients. It had to do with the CSR turning 5 and people that had a recent birthday too and I'm assuming people that either have had the CSR since the beginning, or big spenders.

Yesterday my GF got a Southwest flyer in the mail trying to get her to buy wine from them or something :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Lots of people in teh chase groups were getting them but only their "most valuable/special" clients. It had to do with the CSR turning 5 and people that had a recent birthday too and I'm assuming people that either have had the CSR since the beginning, or big spenders.

Yesterday my GF got a Southwest flyer in the mail trying to get her to buy wine from them or something :rofl:
My initial reaction to opening the box was "I need to getting my spending under control" and this basically confirms it :rofl:

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
Is there any reason to get additional/extra/other travel insurance for trips you pay for using the CSR? I don't think there is, but wasn't sure if any of you guys had experience with it.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Is there any reason to get additional/extra/other travel insurance for trips you pay for using the CSR? I don't think there is, but wasn't sure if any of you guys had experience with it.
That shit is bullshit from everything I've ever seen or heard. Any kind of insurance/protection is marketed to you as this great thing. If anything happens, you dont lose any money! Once in a while it works out for people, but its mostly bullshit from what I've experienced and 85% of people I've seen online.

The way those things are setup is they are designed to never give you money. Remember that they are almost always done by a shady 3rd party even though you think it's Chase or wheover. It has to be under their exact set of circumstances of why your trip didnt happen. They'll ask you what happened trying to get you to admit something they dont cover. Then if you even meet their circumstances, in the window they say is approved, they are designed to make it as hard as possible to actually get a payment from them. You have to have them mail you or print out this special form to fill out by hand that has to be mailed in to this weird random unrelated address, they are gonna lose it in the mail, lose the only copy of the receipt that exists and say sorry etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor