CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Welp, after years of having the CSR I think I'm going to get rid of it. My UR points keep disappearing without explanation. No, I have't called about it yet and I certainly will, but that's bullshit and for what I pay as an annual fee on this account I shouldn't have to.

Already have AMEX Platinum for travel rewards also, and just opened a Fidelity Rewards Signature card which offers a solid 2% cash back on everything. Might switch to using that for daily use for a while. :dunno:

Reactions: bearsdidit

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
Welp, after years of having the CSR I think I'm going to get rid of it. My UR points keep disappearing without explanation. No, I have't called about it yet and I certainly will, but that's bullshit and for what I pay as an annual fee on this account I shouldn't have to.

Already have AMEX Platinum for travel rewards also, and just opened a Fidelity Rewards Signature card which offers a solid 2% cash back on everything. Might switch to using that for daily use for a while. :dunno:

Are you paying with points somewhere and not realizing it? There should be a log of your point expenditures somewhere in the portal.

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
After 5 years of using the duck out of my fidelity 2% unlimited cash back card, they closed my account.

I applied for the Wells Fargo 2%’cash back unlimited but unsure of the line they’ll give me.

Anyone aware of any other 2% unlimited cars that give decent lines?

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL

Points don’t just disappear

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
After 5 years of using the duck out of my fidelity 2% unlimited cash back card, they closed my account.

I applied for the Wells Fargo 2%’cash back unlimited but unsure of the line they’ll give me.

Why did they close your account?

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
Why did they close your account?

Wasn’t technically Fidelity, as Elon financial holds the paper and they license the Fidelity name… EVERY time I tried to use the card with a certain vendor, it would get flagged for fraud and I’d have to call in and spend 15 minutes on the phone with them to release it. The their customer service is a joke to say the least, and it was a painstaking process..

A few months ago I got a letter stating they believe the card was being used for fraud, OR had the high potential to be used for fraud in the future :rofl:

The rewards are great but Elon is garbage. There’s a whole Reddit thread about them closing accounts left and right for no reason.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
The Venture X card looks pretty interesting and appealing for sure. All depends on how great their portal is and will be as lots of their benefits/rewards rely on the portal. Random rumbling......

Also their transfer partners are kind of the same slight issue I have with Amex-all of their good transfer partners are for international flights. Normally thats great as thats where you can really maximize your shit, and where its more beneficial to fly biz/1st with the long duration and a lot more bang for your buck with points. My personal issue with that is I'm not anticipating any international travel for probably 5 years or so. So I'm going to be using stuff like Hyatt and Southwest. Days away from earning the SW CP. Can transfer Chase points to United as well. Also Singapore to use for Alaska.

Don't get me wrong I could still get some great value out of it just using the portal. After I finish the SW CP spend, I'll probably go back to the Hyatt card to hit 15k on the year to earn a 2nd free night and then I still haven't got the 75k SUB from the CIU through my EIN.....I still have to figure out what to do with my CSR too. After that I could either start going back for round 2 of SUBs for all Chase cards and constantly be doing that, or finally dive into the other cards. Probably wait on those until a year or 2 before it looks like I'll start expanding to global travel. I hate not having any MR earning card to get all the great Amex offers tho.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Wasn’t technically Fidelity, as Elon financial holds the paper and they license the Fidelity name… EVERY time I tried to use the card with a certain vendor, it would get flagged for fraud and I’d have to call in and spend 15 minutes on the phone with them to release it. The their customer service is a joke to say the least, and it was a painstaking process..

A few months ago I got a letter stating they believe the card was being used for fraud, OR had the high potential to be used for fraud in the future :rofl:

The rewards are great but Elon is garbage. There’s a whole Reddit thread about them closing accounts left and right for no reason.
So what you're saying is Fuck Elon?

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Are you paying with points somewhere and not realizing it? There should be a log of your point expenditures somewhere in the portal.

Points don’t just disappear
Had a chat to my wife, turns out she’s been using points on AMZ without telling me :rofl:

Thanks for getting the worst possible value redemption on those points, sweetie!

baseballplayeryellingFUCK.gif

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
I've got a bit of a dilemma. We booked a Greece trip for June but haven't booked airfare yet. We have a CSR with like 20k points - had to use a bunch of points for other stuff recently. Our only other major CC is the Chase Amazon that we use only for Amazon purchases.

Would it make sense to open a new CC with a 100k bonus just for this? I can hit the minimum spend to trigger the bonus pretty easily by moving a future purchase or two to this card instead of the CSR. Shouldn't be a big deal to get a new CC since we only have the CSR and don't carry balances anywhere except mortgages and one lease.

I'm thinking of booking a nonstop from a major hub to Athens and then separately booking the CHS-major hub flights. Right now, the front runner is United IAD-ATH (dreamliner :love: ), but I'm open to pretty much anything.

Reactions: fuct.

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I've got a bit of a dilemma. We booked a Greece trip for June but haven't booked airfare yet. We have a CSR with like 20k points - had to use a bunch of points for other stuff recently. Our only other major CC is the Chase Amazon that we use only for Amazon purchases.

Would it make sense to open a new CC with a 100k bonus just for this? I can hit the minimum spend to trigger the bonus pretty easily by moving a future purchase or two to this card instead of the CSR. Shouldn't be a big deal to get a new CC since we only have the CSR and don't carry balances anywhere except mortgages and one lease.

I'm thinking of booking a nonstop from a major hub to Athens and then separately booking the CHS-major hub flights. Right now, the front runner is United IAD-ATH (dreamliner :love: ), but I'm open to pretty much anything.
Yes, do it.

Lmk if you need an Amex platty referral :cool:

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE

My local bank has a 2% card. I’ll PM you a link.

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I will. Not sure if the Amex Plat is the way to go, but might be best just for the 100k bonus. Is it better to look at the bonus, or target a specific airline/alliance?
The 100k bonus is pretty sweet and the points are pretty versatile. Since you already have CSR, I’m not sure what your next best/viable option is.

Reactions: bearsdidit

chickenfcker

OT Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Going to apply for Venture X in the next few days, any one of you freeloaders want to send me a referral? New Capital One customer, as long as the referral offer is the same as the current offer we’re golden. Not sure if i’ll get approved since I opened 7 cards last year but worth a shot. DM ya boy

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX
So this was my first time transferring UR points to United and it's taking longer than expected. Did the transfer on Friday and it still hasn't gone through. Is this normal? I'd have expected it to be almost immediate.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
So this was my first time transferring UR points to United and it's taking longer than expected. Did the transfer on Friday and it still hasn't gone through. Is this normal? I'd have expected it to be almost immediate.
Thanks for the miles

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74