CHAT THREAD: 2397 Is Marrying Her Netflix Account

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 2397, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

Damn that was 4 days ago

2. freshzt

freshzt New Member

Congrats :)

3. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:wavey:

4. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

what's the latest with you guys?

i passed my UK driving test earlier this month! gonna move out of my shithole of a flatshare next month and go a bit further away from the city centre, where i can afford a decently sized two-bed flat to share with a friend. also looking into buying my first car :bigthumb:

currently working my ass off to be able to afford all this in a couple months time..

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I miss this place. It's too bad it's so dead now.

Things are going great for me. Wife and I are approaching our first wedding anniversary in about 5 weeks. Things between us are amazing. The new job I got last September is going great too. My company is signing me up for a certification that will hopefully get me an additional $10k/yr. Been living in Virginia Beach for 9 months now and that is wonderful too. Glad it's finally getting warm again so I can go to the beach some more. My wife hates the traffic, but since I've lived in NoVA/DC and Houston, I barely notice it. Heh. She is definitely not a city girl. No real complaints except that I've had trouble finding cool people in the area to be friends. Still working on that.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

^^ :bowdown:

I love that everything is going so well! I will say though, I do miss our coffee chats :)

JJJ <3 I am so so sorry. How are you doing with it all?

I can't remember if I told you guys or not, but Josh and I eloped at the end of December :) that said, really nobody knows that were married (one of my brothers and a handful of friends know, that's it :rofl:) so we are still planning to have a wedding, probably a reception in Cleveland and a wedding and reception in New Hampshire or Vermont. Wedding planning is hard. Exciting, but hard. I'm half tempted to hire a planner because if I'm being honest with myself, I don't really have the energy to expend. But at the same time wedding stuff is my favorite distraction so, I don't know :rofl:

Babs, I'm glad to see you're back!

7. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Holy shit you got married?!

8. ForgottenSpiral

Eloping ftw. It's what the cool kids do.

Miss you too, LP.

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Elopement ftseriousw. HIGHLY recommended. 4 stars, would do again

10. Babylon

Babylon It's quite alright to hate me now

[​IMG]

11. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Yay! Congrats! If you do wedding plan yourself get an erin condren! My new obsession. :mamoru: But they look super cute and it's a good way to get all your thoughts organized!
    I have been good. :love: Just figuring out how to do landscaping(my job at our house) lol and same old same old I guess. :dunno: Enjoying life in washington. :mamoru: Making stickers and plants are my new jam. :rofl: How about you?

12. Babylon

All sounds very ~*~kawaii~*~

13. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

Well here's an honest 2397 update

I'm trying to transition into a business analyst role from an admin one in a company that hasn't been able to implement its reporting tools at all in the nearly two years that have gone by since the IT Director convinced them to purchase... really frustrating, but teaching myself is the only thing giving me joy lately

been dealing with serious derealization/depersonalization otherwise :hsd:

It's hard to pursue a relationship when you don't feel connected to yourself. All my interactions just sort of blur into the same present fog that keeps things from feeling authentic. Still trying, but I have a lot to work on internally and don't want fickle feelings to hurt other people more than I already have...

14. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I know it doesn't help in the moment, but the fact you're able to vocalise and understand this is a massive step towards harmony.

:hug:

15. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

Thanks MK

16. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:buttsex::booty::boink::wiggle::werd:

Hope everyone is doing fucking phenomenal

17. Babylon

:cool:

18. ForgottenSpiral

Just got diagnosed with ADHD. Not sure what to think about all that.

19. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I want my SO to get tested for this.... Would you mind sharing what made you go get tested or anything?(or PM me) Getting him to do anything but work though is like pulling teeth. (edit: I also think it could be just work, that it's just so much more than his last job where he was able to coast, but I'd still like to find out).

I'm not longer a cat person. :o:o:o:o I feel so weird about it. I feel like a dick admitting I like my dog more than my cat... but she's a blast and has helped me so much.

http://imgur.com/a/GIBqT

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  20. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Wow. That's some heavy news.
    A close friend of mine was diagnosed in her 40s. She said she always knew something was off with her. She takes meds every day now (fast acting) and feels calmer

21. ForgottenSpiral

I saw my primary doctor to ask about memory problems. After talking to him for a bit, he referred me to a psych doc to test me. I got tested and bam. Now I'm on Adderall. Heh.
    Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. I like the meds, but it's strange. I feel like I've been living with one image filter on and now I've switched to another. Still trying to make sense of it.

22. ForgottenSpiral

ADHD meds are not like other meds I've taken before. They are short-term only and it seems like a week later and I'm already used to their effects. Initially I could feel it like night and day. Now I feel mostly 'normal' on it and when it wears off I'm just deflated. Didn't expect to adjust to it so quickly. I have an appointment with my new therapist next week, the first one since my results came back about the ADHD, so I'll talk to him about it then and see what he thinks about it all.

23. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Interesting! He still hasn't set up any appointments. :squint::squint::squint: I'm sure you'll have to mess around with dosages and such before you find one that works great, which sucks.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm mystified. How could I fall out of love with her? I did.

She was unbelievably good to me for eight years. Not that it was one-sided, the goodness. But the falling out of love was one-sided.

She's moved to LA. I'm going to put my apartment on the market in a matter of weeks. I only lived with her in this place for a little over a year. Still, fuck this place.

Meanwhile, I'm very in love with somebody else, somebody I met at work, who, like Emily, is strong, fiercely independent, confident in her own worth, and, obviously, very attractive. Who knows what'll happen? I am visiting her in Europe early this August.

I saw a message from Emily that she sent me half a year ago. It was right before my Google interviews.

We really were amazingly happy. It's a pretty bizarre experience for something like that to end.

Of course I ask myself what caused the change, and also, when things changed, when they started to change, how much they changed, and so on.

Then again - the happiness went on for longer than it was supposed to, by far. You're supposed to stop feeling butterflies pretty early, like around twelve or fifteen or eighteen months in, and then graduate to "real" love (or break up). That's what people say. People in this forum included. Until the last year, everyone who met us IRL thought we had been dating for less than a year. We had years and years and years of being head-over-heels enamored. So even as I'm wondering what happened, I can flip my perspective pretty easily and then I just feel grateful that we had what we had for as long as we did. I don't think many humans are so fortunate.

A few memories:

Half-way through the bad times, she was on the bed crying, afraid that I didn't love her anymore. She said, "You still feel like my mate!"

The last time we were in the apartment together, I had my arms around her knees. "I'm so, so, so sorry," I said. "It should've been forever."

I was abroad, so she had a few weeks to move out. The last day, when she left for good, I got home at 7:00 pm. I thought I might run into her on the way out. I entered the apartment. I said, "Emily?" Then I noticed the dining table. There was an extravagant meal prepared. She had become a stellar cook over the years. A few of her dishes were especially good - my favorites. Those were the dishes she had left on the table. They were still warm, so she must have slipped out just a moment before I got in. Some people try to take all your money when you leave them, some people try to make you look bad, some people burn your stuff, some people just leave, but Emily's goodbye was a little tribute: one last meal, painstakingly tailored to my preferences, for me to eat by myself.

Such a good, good, good person.

25. Babylon

Sounds super shitty. At least it was amicable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.