Cheap alternative to magnetic addon weights for dumbbells?

Ark Insanity

Ludicriously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
Queens
I managed to find a single 30 lb rubber dumbbell at walmart the other day and I'm looking for a way to add more weight to my existing 25 lb dumbbell that's iron. I'm looking on amazon right now and they have these for 50$

I don't really want to shell out 50$ for 5 lbs of weight just to make my 25 lb a 30lb. Thinking about strapping a 5lb ankle weight to it, but was wondering if anyone had a decent alternative that doesn't take a lot of money. Thoughts?

TS
TS
Ark Insanity

Ark Insanity

Ludicriously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
Queens
just do more reps, or wrap one of those neighborhood fast-walking mom leg weights around your wrist while you're lifting

I'm most likely going to end up doing this.

Just ask the department manager when they get their deliveries and be there early so you can buy the weights you need. Basically every reseller is doing this

I have in stock alerts on the store I bought it from but I'm about 2 and a half hours away from there. I was visiting family and stopped by a Wal-Mart and found one of them and literally no other weights. Guess I could give this a shot.

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?

Carrera

Fat
Jul 19, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
I managed to find a single 30 lb rubber dumbbell at walmart the other day and I'm looking for a way to add more weight to my existing 25 lb dumbbell that's iron. I'm looking on amazon right now and they have these for 50$

I don't really want to shell out 50$ for 5 lbs of weight just to make my 25 lb a 30lb. Thinking about strapping a 5lb ankle weight to it, but was wondering if anyone had a decent alternative that doesn't take a lot of money. Thoughts?

Magnets (if they even make them) are a very dangerous idea.

best thing to do is duct tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright 穢 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor