TECH Cheap desktop for ~$450?

negative zero

Oct 27, 2003
the Watchtower
My brother is looking for a new desktop. His current one is an old AMD with 512MB RAM so he doesn't need a workhorse. Just a C2D with 2GB Ram and maybe 300GB drive or so. Monitor would be nice but he already has one he can use if need be

I do not want to build it and he certainly won't build it.

Any good dell deals or similar?

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
you can always check Dell's refurbs. they tend to have some decent deals in there.

TS
TS
negative zero

negative zero

Oct 27, 2003
the Watchtower
you can always check Dell's refurbs. they tend to have some decent deals in there.

thanks. I've been glancing at their site and do see some decent stuff.

Do you know what the difference is between Previously Ordered New and Factory Recertified?

Also, some models I see with the same specs list for different prices. Wonder what the difference is?

RandomGuy187

OT Supporter
May 30, 2004
Chicago, IL
thanks. I've been glancing at their site and do see some decent stuff.

Do you know what the difference is between Previously Ordered New and Factory Recertified?

Also, some models I see with the same specs list for different prices. Wonder what the difference is?

My guess would be previously ordered were machines that were built and the order was canceled, but the computer is already built and in the box. Essentially you are getting a brand new machine at a discount price, however you cannot customize it since its already assembled.

TS
TS
negative zero

negative zero

Oct 27, 2003
the Watchtower
Thanks.

Another question. I see that some don't list video cards, sound cards or network cards. Does that mean they are all built in? Mainly I am asking because I see one of them lists a video card.

MR. Marti

Mar 19, 2004
Central Florida
i'm usre there are some great options out there for folks that are more "in the know" about computers but know Dell has some pretty descent deals in that range.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan