GUN Cheap red dot

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
Has anyone seen or tried this? http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=142&t=611015

Micro.jpg

$90 shipped for a aimpoint micro rip off that has a year warranty and seems to have some happy users. Might be a good option for a range gun especially when cheap bsa ones at walmart are $30.

I'm considering one for my .22 handgun but I suppose a 30mm tube is probably more useful if you don't have a cheek weld.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
I'd like one for my Speed Steel .22 handgun. I had a 30mm tube on it but it just seemed so big. I guess a doctor style optic would be ideal.

TS
TS

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
Yeah I think so I just don't think I can talk myself into a sight that cost more than the gun for this :big grin:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/osprey-holographic-sight.html is another option I've considered but I have a feeling that is the sort of thing that disappoints.

I'd like to hear from some people using the micro sized tube on handguns. I like it on a rifle, I feel like the small tube blocks less of your vision. I worry a little that on a handgun you might hunt for the dot a little bit without a stock to help guide you into place.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
For some reason I was thinking those Burris FastFire's were less than $100. Tasco's Optima is right around $150 and I've heard good things.

In for more people to chime in who have used little red dots on handguns though.

Market Garden

I've shot a 10/22 with a FastFire on it. I think it's a great sight. It's tiny and light, and it sits low to the bore. The cost is more than some of the real cheap options, but it's not prohibitive. I initially bought my C-More for my 22/45, but it ended up on my 10/22. If I were getting a sight for my 22/45 today, I'd get a FastFire.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
I've shot a 10/22 with a FastFire on it. I think it's a great sight. It's tiny and light, and it sits low to the bore. The cost is more than some of the real cheap options, but it's not prohibitive. I initially bought my C-More for my 22/45, but it ended up on my 10/22. If I were getting a sight for my 22/45 today, I'd get a FastFire.

:cool: thanks. The Fastfire seems like the best option to me for my 22/45, glad to hear from someone who has experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448