Cinderella Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Socrates, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I liked this movie. Ron Howard and Russell Crowe made "A Beautiful Mind", which was a great movie.

Them two being back together in this movie was good. There were some slow parts, especially since a majority of the movie is about James Braddock trying to survive with his family during the depression.

Although I didn't completely love the movie, the reviews it received speak for themselves.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808403465&intl=us

2. BradBell

BradBell New Member

I saw it this past weekend. I enjoyed it but after thinking about it, there really wasn't much of a story. I think I might have liked Seabiscuit better.

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I teared up, a very good movie.
    SOME of the cinematography annoyed me (like at times when Crow and Zellwegger are talking, Howard tries to show the reaction of the listener as well as the face of the person speaking, it made for a few very choppy moments).
    Crowe did a great job, and Zellwegger is cute as hell.

4. wisdomdriven

wisdomdriven New Member

haven't watched it yet, but my bestfried said that he *really* liked it. I'm going to try to take the wife.

5. It looks like a pretty decent movie, but I'll wait to hear some more feedback from those who have seen it, and I'll probably see it regardless just because I like the "underdog finally wins" type of movies. :)

6. Drath

Drath New Member

I liked the opening sequence alot, where it turned from black and white to a slow motion computer animated (obviously) guy being punched in the face while spit flying out. The story was good, although I think the "poor boxer superstar" thing is getting a little over done, even if it was a true story. I especially liked how the movie would freeze frame when ever a camera went off when somebody was getting punched big time, very cool.

7. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i didn't expect to see this film and ended up there friday night. it was surprisingly good! :)

8. pinki

pinki Guest

Yes, its definitely OSCAR worthy. Fine fine work. Ron Howard is so talented. And he's great at casting too.