Cingular problem???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tranceokido, Jan 20, 2005.

1. tranceokido

tranceokido New Member

Anyone ever try calling a cingular customer and it won't go to their voicemail it goes to a pre-recorded message saying "the cingular customer you are calling is unavailble, please try your call again later." This happens a lot when I try to call my dad and he doesn't have any signal. Instead of going to v-mail it goes to that. Or if he is on the other line. It is annoying.:o

2. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

make sure he's got his phone set to forward if unavailable to voicemail. mine forwards to my home phone if unavailable because I don't have much reception at home.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

he might not have voicemail on his account. if it is on there, customer service might need to take it off then reapply it

4. tranceokido

tranceokido New Member

Actually know that I think of it...he has called Cust. Svs. and they did reapply it...still sometimes it happens. I'll have to look at his cell phone when I get a chance. Knowing him he probably messed it up.

5. G!zMo

G!zMo New Member

Was he AT&T originally? Right now they're changing the alpha tags on the phone and when this happens it can affect the voicemail. Ive had to re- setup more than a few because of this.