TECH Cisco engineer deleted VMs after leaving company

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa

TLDR: dude left Cisco, logged into their AWS account after 5 months, deleted a bunch of VMs, hilarity ensued

Anyone here works for Cisco? how does an ex-employee have access to company resources 5 months after leaving the company?

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Investigators said Ramesh then proceeded to run a script that deleted 456 virtual machines that were supporting Cisco's video conferencing software WebEx Teams, actions that resulted in the temporary deletion of more than 16,000 Webex accounts.

Ooof

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
To be honest I probabaly could access thousands of environments from a company I used to work for like 2 years ago, depending on what you do there is usually a way. That shit is NOT WORTH it at all, they can also hit you up with like wire fraud and all kinds of shit

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
Remember that SF network admin dude who handed the key/pass over to the mayor in a jail cell?

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
This dude got off easy

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Investigators said Ramesh then proceeded to run a script that deleted 456 virtual machines that were supporting Cisco's video conferencing software WebEx Teams, actions that resulted in the temporary deletion of more than 16,000 Webex accounts.

Ooof
I know right? actually having servers? im horrified for them. this guy did um a real favor

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA
VagueGleamingBream-size_restricted.gif

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
To be honest I probabaly could access thousands of environments from a company I used to work for like 2 years ago, depending on what you do there is usually a way. That shit is NOT WORTH it at all, they can also hit you up with like wire fraud and all kinds of shit
Glad you're being honest about this.

• Haha
Reactions: Colleen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman