SPORTS columbia university invitational

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
just came back from new york, there was a no gi tournament held at columbia university where basically people from college bjj clubs from all over came to compete against each other. I did 155 lbs and under advanced and won the division (2 matches). My first opponent was a purple belt from columbia (renzo's) I beat him 2-0 takedown. And second opponent was the wrestling coach of columbia who i beat by advantage (this guy had more fury than anybody ive ever rolled with :bowdown:). I have the matches on video, will post them soon. Best part about it was that it only cost 5 bucks to compete, and I won a 20$ gift certificate to budovideos.com Anybody got reccomendations on what I should buy?

edit: videos up, and turns out i beat the second guy 2-0 as well, guy who was taping it just told me that i got points for a sweep at the end

match 1:
http://hezkezl.com/cage/ken1.wmv

match 2:
http://hezkezl.com/cage/ken2.wmv

Last edited:

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
brolli said:
just came back from new york, there was a no gi tournament held at columbia university where basically people from college bjj clubs from all over came to compete against each other. I did 155 lbs and under advanced and won the division (2 matches). My first opponent was a purple belt from columbia (renzo's) I beat him 2-0 takedown. And second opponent was the wrestling coach of columbia who i beat by advantage (this guy had more fury than anybody ive ever rolled with :bowdown:). I have the matches on video, will post them soon. Best part about it was that it only cost 5 bucks to compete, and I won a 20$ gift certificate to budovideos.com Anybody got reccomendations on what I should buy?

wahtever you get, share with us :x:

congrats on kicking ass, that's great.

Atmosphere said:
nice :bowdown:

were you actually invited to compete? :o

$5 invitational? seems like it was just a "come roll for $5"

Atmosphere

PURPLE DREAM
Sep 17, 2002
lollyfornia
kronik85 said:
wahtever you get, share with us :x:

congrats on kicking ass, that's great.

$5 invitational? seems like it was just a "come roll for $5"
by definition, i thought that invitationals mean that you're invited? :o

i'm assuming that they can charge a fee and still be an invitational

TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
they emailed 6 or 7 colleges and invited us to come. We replied with the team members/weights/skill and then they made the brackets accordingly.

itr452

VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?
May 15, 2000
Vancouver, BC, Canada
congrats brolli! beating a wrestling coach is no joke! good to hear about your continuing success, when's a purple belt headed your way? there's no F'ing way you're still fighting at a blue belt level.

post the vids when you can, congrats again.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
Atmosphere said:
by definition, i thought that invitationals mean that you're invited? :o

i'm assuming that they can charge a fee and still be an invitational

sorry i missed where he said invitational, i thought you just kinda pulled it out of no where. ignore me.

Atmosphere

PURPLE DREAM
Sep 17, 2002
lollyfornia
kronik85 said:
sorry i missed where he said invitational, i thought you just kinda pulled it out of no where. ignore me.
it was an honest question on my part though :o

i assume that "invitational" is loosely used and that some competitions use that just to sound elite

TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
Bit said:

the guy was also a blue belt but yeah, I am not trying to brag or anything about my wins. Watch the vids and if you could give any input/advice I'd appreciate it.

TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
Bit said:
Well I watched both of the videos and it looks to me like you're fine.. like anything, it just takes time and commitment, you're at a level where you just need to keep training.. I could list off a lot of stuff I seen that you didn't do or could have done but it doesn't mean anything you just have to keep going to class.

One thing I noticed is you had so many sweeps you could have done

Good shit though man, hopefully I can get some vids of my matches at naga so everyone can pick me a part heh

good stuff look forward to seeing your next vid, you competing anytime soon? maybe at naga milwaukee?

thanks man. definitely post your videos when you can. I am currently poor/broke so I can't go far to compete. Not sure what I will do next :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan