Come critique this song I did.

HoodRich

Professional Street Nigga
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
The City
I dont know if this will make any sense to you, but if you've ever watched the movie 13 ghosts. The 1st 90 seconds or so of this song makes me feel very 13 ghosts.

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
For example, the part that starts at 4:03, I expect each note change to go four counts but you change on the three count.

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
If you're doing 4/4, I'd stick to the script. Otherwise it just sounds chaotic to me and not melodic.

BlaXXXima

OT Supporter
Nov 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
I liked it. It was interesting to listen to. Not something I would normally go for, but held my attention for the 8 minutes. Was this all programmed, or any instruments played?

I don't ever listen to this style of music so have no idea how to asses it.

I don't know what 'crunch' means, but if it means the static aspect to it, I agree it's a little overpowering.

TS
TS
smellslikeshitgoddam
Dec 25, 2001
Austin, TX
I liked it. It was interesting to listen to. Not something I would normally go for, but held my
attention for the 8 minutes. Was this all programmed, or any instruments played?

I don't ever listen to this style of music so have no idea how to asses it.

I don't know what 'crunch' means, but if it means the static aspect to it, I agree it's a little overpowering.
Into is synth. The rest is me on guitar. Eventually I'll program some drums to it

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Dang dude you fuckin shred. I actually really liked the section that you changed notes every 3, because it builds tension and throws you off, before transitioning into that crazy arpeggio thing @vr6vdub. I was entertained for a solid 8 minutes, with my attention span that's tough to do lmao. It was awesome. I have never even come close to writing a song that's 8 minutes long, let alone with multiple tracks of a live played instrument.

for the mix, I don't know the method/mic you use to record everything or the filters and stuff you put on it, but everything sounds kinda light and slightly "walkie talkie" like.

Reactions: vr6vdub
TS
TS
smellslikeshitgoddam
Dec 25, 2001
Austin, TX
Dang dude you fuckin shred. I actually really liked the section that you changed notes every 3, because it builds tension and throws you off, before transitioning into that crazy arpeggio thing @vr6vdub. I was entertained for a solid 8 minutes, with my attention span that's tough to do lmao. It was awesome. I have never even come close to writing a song that's 8 minutes long, let alone with multiple tracks of a live played instrument.

for the mix, I don't know the method/mic you use to record everything or the filters and stuff you put on it, but everything sounds kinda light and slightly "walkie talkie" like.
Thanks bro.

It's all vsts and amp sims. It's not mixed yet. I think I just had a limiter on the master channel. Once I get the drums in there I'll add some compression and eq to everything to balance it out

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
To me it sounds like background music for "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" while not a bad thing, I am thinking you are trying to put more of a metal opera together. I do believe that once you fill in the mid and low range it'll get better, it'll still sound a bit b-movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman