Compensation Season Bois: How's your bonus/raise this year?

Blingin

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2003
STL
I think I fucked up.

Interviewed for and took a promotion at work, My new base pay is slightly more than what my total pay was last year including OT and quarterly bonuses.
New position still has quarterly bonuses.

BUT

Much further commute.
AND
I took the promo right before annual review, so I was going to get a raise no matter what, just not as big of one.

Promo is still a big positive step, I just dont feel like LETS FUCKING GO about it and I feel like thats how I should feel.

• Support
Reactions: Menger
TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
quarterly distribution from the business I have partial ownership in hits tomorrow. it's a lot :o Q4 is usually a banger, and this is almost $5k more than last year's Q4.
What you buying?

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I eat what I kill. If I want more money I just have to make the company more money. Pretty fuckin simple.

Got a 2.67% Christmas bonus.

digitaljames

Jan 3, 2005
Tampa
Not sure. Early last year I got a title change with salary increase and then a 10% salary increase randomly. Our bonuses are quarterly but I don’t know what will happen this year. They just replaced our CEO and we’re in the middle of a restructure after laying 70% of the company off.

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Didn't get a bonus, although I heard other employees did get one. I've been at this company for a year tomorrow, and from what I've heard they pick and choose who gets a bonus, not sure how, but honestly ready to leave over that bullshit, I've gone out of town at a moments notice really when the other two ATM guys refused to go, learned new equipment and have busted my ass doing it, seems fucked up some people get bonuses and others don't.

Should be getting a raise soon since I've been here a year, although will have to bring it up to the VP of the company.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
I am in a pickle this year. Have been told I should be getting $12,000 for a bonus sometime mid Feb. Last year payout was Feb 20th. Raise will be 5%.

Kicker is that I have my third interview for a new position with a new company tomorrow. Only about a $5,000 pay increase. Main draw is that it is will be a 6 minute commute rather than a 1 hour commute. If If they offer me the job I think I am going to have to ask if I could delay my start date until late Feb since I want that extra $12, 000!!! I just dunno how they will feel about that.

TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I am in a pickle this year. Have been told I should be getting $12,000 for a bonus sometime mid Feb. Last year payout was Feb 20th. Raise will be 5%.

Kicker is that I have my third interview for a new position with a new company tomorrow. Only about a $5,000 pay increase. Main draw is that it is will be a 6 minute commute rather than a 1 hour commute. If If they offer me the job I think I am going to have to ask if I could delay my start date until late Feb since I want that extra $12, 000!!! I just dunno how they will feel about that.
One month out start date doesn't seem like that big of an ask at all

Reactions: Sirius and pookrat

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011

It will be fine. Just tell them you want to wait - or they can pay you an equivalent signing bonus to make up for it.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas

Tell new company you’d like a signing bonus for $12k and you can start asap. If not, you’d like to request your start date after receiving you planned bonus payout.

Reactions: majesty and pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Tell new company you’d like a signing bonus for $12k and you can start asap. If not, you’d like to request your start date after receiving you planned bonus payout.
Think I am going to go this route. It only makes sense. I like what I know of the job and company so far. The commute will be killer. Save me almost 2 hours a day. And will get Wed and Friday WFH instead of just Friday with a pay increase and equal benefits.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Think I am going to go this route. It only makes sense. I like what I know of the job and company so far. The commute will be killer. Save me almost 2 hours a day. And will get Wed and Friday WFH instead of just Friday with a pay increase and equal benefits.
I’d just be transparent with the new company. Maybe @I<3URANUS can weigh in

• Love
Reactions: I<3URANUS

Peter Gibbons

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2003
Fucking stupid it took a law to get people to do that. A lot of nationwide remote postings still don't have it, I wonder if they could be considered non-compliant and what the penalty is there. I don't know the ins and outs of that law.
Anywhere that nags about my current pay in the interview process is an immediate no thanks.

You have a range, make an offer you think is competitive based on my experience.

These cunts in HR (all the way to the top) pretend like the fucking money comes out of their paychecks.

Peter Gibbons

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2003

If they want you, they'll pick up the unpaid earnings (or let you start after they pay). Given you're so close, its most likely they just have you wait. If you are waiting for the payment, do NOT provide notice until after the bonus hits your bank account. They can always pull it, even if they have given you your review and told you what you're supposed to get.
Companies get it. If they want you to start early, they will pay. They aren't going to pull your offer because you ask for more time or for them to pick up the cost.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
If they want you, they'll pick up the unpaid earnings (or let you start after they pay). Given you're so close, its most likely they just have you wait. If you are waiting for the payment, do NOT provide notice until after the bonus hits your bank account. They can always pull it, even if they have given you your review and told you what you're supposed to get.
Companies get it. If they want you to start early, they will pay. They aren't going to pull your offer because you ask for more time or for them to pick up the cost.
This is the crappy part. I know this. So if I do wait, I will be giving notice just after getting the bonus. And it will have to be a pretty dang short notice. But oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakoter07