TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Yup, I would buy a ratchet every time they went on sale :rofl: I really like their wrenches too, but I only bought a 10mm at full price, everything else I got off ebay for a steal same with sockets :rofl:
Nice! I was so close to buying a snap on box on offer up but I had a suspicion if was a fake. Their boxes are soo damn nice but I would never pay retail for one.

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Nice! I was so close to buying a snap on box on offer up but I had a suspicion if was a fake. Their boxes are soo damn nice but I would never pay retail for one.
Yeah, every Snap On box I've had I bought used and when I sold them I got what I gave for them. Harbor Freight definitely has some crap, but their US General boxes are damn nice for the $$$ Unless I can find a smoking deal on a used Snap On box that's what I'll be getting.

Reactions: bearsdidit

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I kinda think it would be foolish to buy now.

Like it's sinking and it can only be a matter of time until there's a aurplus
6800xt seems like an especially good buy though. MSRP 649... only 150 dollar premium on a 16GB vram card is a killer deal. :o Of course it all depends on what youre running now, etc etc, but shit is really seeming to recover which is great to see :coold:

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Also seems like the 6800xt isn't being refreshed... only 6950xt, 6750xt, 6650xt? 6800 non-XT could also be a killer buy depending on if you just needed the VRAM.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Welp, killed the computer somehow after installing the new video card and power supply, I had it running for a few hours, but then I decided to go tidy up my cables, spray some air to clear out some dust, now all that happens is the fans light up and spin and my RAM lights up, no display signal, ordered a replacement motherboard and I hope thats just the issue

The computer powers up after hitting the switch on it by itself.
tried old gpu and psu and the same.

There was something electric smelling shortly after the first power up after the tidy

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Welp, killed the computer somehow after installing the new video card and power supply, I had it running for a few hours, but then I decided to go tidy up my cables, spray some air to clear out some dust, now all that happens is the fans light up and spin and my RAM lights up, no display signal, ordered a replacement motherboard and I hope thats just the issue

There was something electric smelling shortly after the first power up after the tidy
I would be more suspicious of a power supply failure or partial failure, if there's such a thing.

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Washington, D.C.
Why the fuck do feds insist on seeing everyone on the SOC floor? We've been killing it for the past 2 years, and my group is only sitting in there, we have no function that works with them. Now I gotta start commuting again because some old heads believe you have to be seen to work? Not to mention our productivity, availability, and closure rate is 200% better than it was when we were all in the office? Boomers need to retire already and let remote work get done if its not hurting anything. Stop spouting off bullshit about printers not having paper because "we're a green facility you're not supposed to be printing anyway" when I gotta drive an hour to sit here. Retard logic.

/left field rant
thank god my agency let us stay full remote :bowdown: (not SOC, but malware reverse engineer)

Reactions: TenSteel

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

Did you switch ALL the power supply cables out or did you reuse some old cables in the new PSU?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448