TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I kind of want to upgrade the sound system in my old Accord, but I don't want it to appear anything beyond stock because I park it outside.

In the old days it was a speaker level input to an amp/sub....but i think i would rather have a nice 4 channel and new speakers. i suppose you just figure out the wiring diagram on the stock harness to wire into the 4 channel? You use RCAs on those still right? So maybe the same speaker level output up front?

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I kind of want to upgrade the sound system in my old Accord, but I don't want it to appear anything beyond stock because I park it outside.

In the old days it was a speaker level input to an amp/sub....but i think i would rather have a nice 4 channel and new speakers. i suppose you just figure out the wiring diagram on the stock harness to wire into the 4 channel? You use RCAs on those still right? So maybe the same speaker level output up front?
people don't really steal stereos like they used to

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Someone broke into my forester, did all the work to steal it, and then didn't. That was weird. Like I had cash in the glove box they didn't take

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Someone broke into my forester, did all the work to steal it, and then didn't. That was weird. Like I had cash in the glove box they didn't take
I left my car unlocked one night in front of my house. noticed it wasn't locked when went in. nothing was missing except the kleenex box and the hand sanitizer.

Didn't even bother to take the pennies in the dash, or any registrations/etc.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca

There are tons of options to adapt factory head units these days. A lot of them also have some level of signal processing to combat the equalizing built into most factory stereos.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
is ther a way to integrate bluetooth into a factory head unit that doesn't have it?
Sometimes. I've seen some modules that interface via sirius tuner port. Not sure how well they worked.

I had an aux-in bluetooth mic for a while that worked pretty well.

What car is it?

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can

Pretty easy to do. One of these behind stock head unit. https://pac-audio.com/products/audio-interfacing/

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
My car is using all Amazon Basics RCA cables. Have zero problems with noise and they're super flexible.
I'm in the middle of planning the remainder of my car system now. currently it's all stock (minus the rears that I removed) plus a sub. I'm not doing anything crazy, just going to swap out the monoblock sub amp for a 5 channel DSP amp and add a pair of Dynaudio 6.5's and tweeters.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I'm in the middle of planning the remainder of my car system now. currently it's all stock (minus the rears that I removed) plus a sub. I'm not doing anything crazy, just going to swap out the monoblock sub amp for a 5 channel DSP amp and add a pair of Dynaudio 6.5's and tweeters.
I need a new headunit soon. Current one is about 5 years old and likes to randomly reboot. Plus I'd like one with a capacitive touch screen.

I pulled the factory sub and put two Alpine PDXs in its place. V9 powers midranges, tweeters and sub (when I actually have it in the car). V4 is bridged for midbasses. Helix DSP is mounted under passenger seat.

I didn't cover the midranges with grill cloth and they've gotten pretty weathered so I'm also considering replacing them soon too.

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Fuck, I need to get my sleep schedule ironed out... I've been up before 5AM the last 6 or 7 days in a row. Today was 3:45 after going to bed at 11. I'm so tired right now I could definitely fall asleep the second my head hit the pillow, but fuck I don't want to be up at 2:45 :rofl:

• Sad
Reactions: lowfat

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
The minivan has JL C3 650 components up front and a 20 year old '75wrms' Planet Audio 12 . And 20 yr old Hifonics Zeus 4x160wrms. Sub has been taking 320wrms nearly the entire time and still going strong. :bowdown:
damn, I really want to do a car audio upgrade :hmm: I should bug you guys when I finish all my other projects first :oo

• Haha

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Saw some Phoenix Gold XS subs for sale locally here a couple weeks ago. Same model I had for my first stereo in the late 90s. Was going to buy them but they sold fast af. :(

Not sure wtf I'd do with them tho. So probably a good thing. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448