the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Was talk of tool chests a few pages back IIRC. Ikea Bitch. :scootin:

FlHKgxM.jpg

PTNDlm8.jpg
Kids got those drawers in their rooms. Works good for the money.

Yours looks nice.

Reactions: lowfat

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
it's so big it'd block my hvac controls and vents :rofl:
There's one with an 11 inch screen too. :rofl: It would definitely block the vents in my car. Vertical height is adjustable. I set this one to the lowest, but I've found its partly blocking the HVAC display.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Kinda crazy how the single DIN ones can have a bigger screen than the double DIN versions.

Damn, these have gotten significantly more expensive since I bought mine. We paid $350 out the door with a dash converter kit. However I’m sure that one has some more premium features.
My last one was ~$450 5 years ago.

I assume most of the cost of this new one is the display.

Reactions: TenSteel

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Here is a question Ive always wondered, for front i/o power and reset and lights, does it matter which direction the plug goes in? I mean the + and -, some pin plugs dont have + and - shown on them.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Buttons no, LEDs yes
For the unmarked plugs, am I right to assume black wires are always negative?

Also of note, Im using a backup mouse with my laptop, it developed the phantom click thing, I opened it up a little, pressed the switch in with a screwdriver and sprayed some wd40 contact cleaner onto it it, mouse works way better now. Corsair M65 Pro RGB

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
For the unmarked plugs, am I right to assume black wires are always negative?

Also of note, Im using a backup mouse with my laptop, it developed the phantom click thing, I opened it up a little, pressed the switch in with a screwdriver and sprayed some wd40 contact cleaner onto it it, mouse works way better now. Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Unmarked plugs are the power and reset buttons? Pushbutton switches don't have a positive or negative.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Unmarked plugs are the power and reset buttons? Pushbutton switches don't have a positive or negative.
i have an internal speaker, it only has 2 wires, a red and black, Im assuming 5v is red and speaker out(as it says on the manual) is black.

How important is it to use the power cord that came with the power supply? id rather keep it sealed and use the power cable from my previous power supply. If it matters, old was 650w and new is 850w, i dont mean the internal cables, the one that plugs into the back of the computer

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
i have an internal speaker, it only has 2 wires, a red and black, Im assuming 5v is red and speaker out(as it says on the manual) is black.

How important is it to use the power cord that came with the power supply? id rather keep it sealed and use the power cable from my previous power supply. If it matters, old was 650w and new is 850w, i dont mean the internal cables, the one that plugs into the back of the computer
No, you don't hook the speaker up to voltage, there should be pins labeled specifically for the speaker which receives an A/C signal not D/C.
1651868051723.png

Chews Wisely

Banned
Apr 23, 2022

Your old cable is likely capable of 15 amps or more. You'll be fine.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
I think this was helpful in making me feel better, Im using an external power button for cat reasons, a few of the plugs dont have + or -, but those are the button wires, the led ones are marked, thanks!

Chews Wisely

Banned
Apr 23, 2022
I think this was helpful in making me feel better, Im using an external power button for cat reasons, a few of the plugs dont have + or -, but those are the button wires, the led ones are marked, thanks!
Cat reasosns lol. What is it about computers that makes cats want to lay on everything.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Cat reasosns lol. What is it about computers that makes cats want to lay on everything.
My case has its power button up top, I tried making a little taped on flip cover but my cat learned how to pull on it and hit the power button at the same time, There is a reset button in the front but I think id rather keep that as a reset button instead of turning into a power button

• Haha
Reactions: Chews Wisely

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448