TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
:rofl:
That brings back memories of when I use to be a bag boy at the grocery store. The rude customers, basically the ones that wouldn't talk to you, or yelled at you etc... and would just get into their car to wait while you were loading their groceries would always get a little surprise when they got home. Such as positioning the bread or eggs where they might get crushed if they took a turn too hard, or taking a can of pringles and giving it a good quick shake to make sure some got busted up etc... Luckily that didn't happen very often but there were a few times it happened over the 5 years I worked there.
Hey my friend I would like to inform you that I am quite polite when I add things to my grocery cart and checkout process while I'm on the app

• Haha
Reactions: TenSteel and yonson

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Washington, D.C.
:rofl:
That brings back memories of when I use to be a bag boy at the grocery store. The rude customers, basically the ones that wouldn't talk to you, or yelled at you etc... and would just get into their car to wait while you were loading their groceries would always get a little surprise when they got home. Such as positioning the bread or eggs where they might get crushed if they took a turn too hard, or taking a can of pringles and giving it a good quick shake to make sure some got busted up etc... Luckily that didn't happen very often but there were a few times it happened over the 5 years I worked there.
was a bag boy in a rich ass city - it was always the less well off (or at least they looked that way) that tipped for loading their car

Reactions: TenSteel and yonson
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
was a bag boy in a rich ass city - it was always the less well off (or at least they looked that way) that tipped for loading their car
I'm trying to remember when they stopped doing it on the reg. I remember as a kid, the bag boy/girl always helped you out to the car at the local grocery. As a young adult I remember them helping too. It must still have been before covid, but they just stopped at some point. Never see them helping anyone load anymore.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I'm trying to remember when they stopped doing it on the reg. I remember as a kid, the bag boy/girl always helped you out to the car at the local grocery. As a young adult I remember them helping too. It must still have been before covid, but they just stopped at some point. Never see them helping anyone load anymore.
Yeah, I don't think they do it anymore unless you specifically request it.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
So guys we've had some time now to experience Ray Tracing in games. Thus far, what games really stand out to you as justification for the tech?

Right now of the games I've played, it really is only Control that has felt really impactful.

CP2077 was great too, but it didn't pop out at me the same way Control did.

Still think we're a couple of years off, maybe 5 or 10, before ray tracing becomes a standard.

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Not sure about ray tracing in Control. But physics were fantastic. Gameplay was good and fluid af too. Just played it over the last 6 weeks or so. Went to go play Alan Wake after since I had played it. But damn the fluidity of the gameplay just ain't the same.

TBH RT on CP2077 is just too damn demanding for the res I play at. Maybe when the 5080s show up I'll try it again w/ RT. :mamoru:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Not sure about ray tracing in Control. But physics were fantastic. Gameplay was good and fluid af too. Just played it over the last 6 weeks or so. Went to go play Alan Wake after since I had played it. But damn the fluidity of the gameplay just ain't the same.

TBH RT on CP2077 is just too damn demanding for the res I play at. Maybe when the 5080s show up I'll try it again w/ RT. :mamoru:
Yeah, 60fps with DLSS on performance kinda sucks :( That's like 720p or some shit lol

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
So guys we've had some time now to experience Ray Tracing in games. Thus far, what games really stand out to you as justification for the tech?

Right now of the games I've played, it really is only Control that has felt really impactful.

CP2077 was great too, but it didn't pop out at me the same way Control did.

Still think we're a couple of years off, maybe 5 or 10, before ray tracing becomes a standard.
:rofl: I think I've only played 2 games that had it. Control (which I only played once because it was my first time playing 3rd person and I hated it) and Far Cry 6 which I think I've played twice :rofl: I pretty much only play Fortnite :rofl:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
This solution helped me with display issues using windows 10 RDP incase anyone runs into problems.

Was getting artifacting on the display cleared the cache and problem went away.

"Hi Ben-90,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor, and a Windows user, just like you.
I understand you are having trouble with the remote desktop in which the display is distorted. Let's work on that.

Since you already tried to disconnect and restart the RDP or remote desktop display.
So next steps will be removing the cache files out of this folder on your local machine (NOT the remote server).
To do this, press Windows key + R, then type:
C:Users%UserName%AppDataLocalMicrosoftTerminal Server ClientCache

Once done, open the Remote desktop Connection.
When you open Remote Desktop Connection, on the pop-up, select Experience Tab, put a checkmark on the "Persistent Bitmap Caching".

To know more on these steps, use the link below:
https://blog.rmilne.ca/2016/03/09/remote-deskto...

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,"

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Are there any wifi cards that fit into an expansion slot but dont plug into a pcie slot? My video card covers the other pcie slots so I cant use those now, I dont want a usb wifi stick sticking out the back of my computer. I generally dont like usb sticks sitting full time in usb ports as something could fall onto it and break it, My cat has a few times fallen off my computer case.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Are there any wifi cards that fit into an expansion slot but dont plug into a pcie slot? My video card covers the other pcie slots so I cant use those now, I dont want a usb wifi stick sticking out the back of my computer. I generally dont like usb sticks sitting full time in usb ports as something could fall onto it and break it, My cat has a few times fallen off my computer case.
Does your board have one of those Intel CNVi m.2 slots?

I got this for my wife's Z390

GIGABYTE GC-CI22M_A CNVi WiFi Wireless-AC Upgrade kit

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Might be able to use one of these adapters to use up an m.2 m key for one of those e key wifi m.2 cards.

Sintech M.2 M-Key M.2 Key E Module,NGFF WiFi Card to M.2 Key M Adapter Card Compatible for Intel 7260,8260,9260

Just note that I think CNVi is different than normal M.2 E key; it's some weird z390 thing.

So if you get the adapter, you just need a normal m.2 e key wifi card

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I swear it's fucking insane that it's easier to fucking rip a blu-ray and watch the .mkv than it is to just watch a blu-ray on your PC. :wtf:
Doesn't it still need some weird region locking codec thing that you have to pay ridiculous fee for in software?

I just use my console for movies on physical bdrom

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Might be able to use one of these adapters to use up an m.2 m key for one of those e key wifi m.2 cards.

Sintech M.2 M-Key M.2 Key E Module,NGFF WiFi Card to M.2 Key M Adapter Card Compatible for Intel 7260,8260,9260

Just note that I think CNVi is different than normal M.2 E key; it's some weird z390 thing.

So if you get the adapter, you just need a normal m.2 e key wifi card

This seems to be the route for me to go :wavey:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448