TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Some group in our office decided to change this monthly news letter we do and use a service. I was informed a few months back that maybe some white listing would need to happen to ensure delivery of the emails but I asked them to let.me know when it was further along with more specific information and testing.

Today get an email that they are trying to send the first email and it's failing. No testing no letting me know. Come to find out they decided to spoof an email and it was getting blocked by our spam filter, so had to write a new policy that didn't work, add an address to our SPL record and it's still not working so now I get to open a case with our spam filter to figure out why it's being block and all I got from them was "we didn't know we needed to test, we sent you the paper that said what may need to be done"
No gym for home

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego

Code:
https://amazon.com/Dell-Curved-Monitor-Refresh-Display/dp/B095X7RV77/

In case anyone is interested in joining me in the Ultrawide Master Race, my new monitor is now $50 cheaper for some limited time. I think Dell just ran out of them and/or stopped the sale but Amazon is still going for now.

It's honestly a fantastic monitor for the price, even at $500.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Yep. Sad is over
There will be another season. Manga sales doubled since the show came out :rofl: I bet it will be a little while before they announce another season since the show adapted over half of the manga.

I found a fan sub of the manga and read the whole thing in like 3 evenings.

I'm a little surprised you didn't quit over the fanservice.

Are you watching Spy X Family?

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
There will be another season. Manga sales doubled since the show came out :rofl: I bet it will be a little while before they announce another season since the show adapted over half of the manga.

I found a fan sub of the manga and read the whole thing in like 3 evenings.

I'm a little surprised you didn't quit over the fanservice.

Are you watching Spy X Family?
The fan service was actually not too bad, especially since the romance aspect wasn't one sided. Often the female character is involuntarily exploited but in this case, she was the one really initiating advances and at the same time respecting his boundaries when he was uncomfortable.

It also feels more like Marin is the actual MC and Gojo is the romance target, so the fan service feels more like her perspective trying to appeal to him.

So I felt it was pretty easy to get into without it feeling awkward. Yeah there's some obvious service, but it wasn't creepy. The characters are also much older on the spectrum than many others, and their character design reflects it. Marin is developed physically but not in a Loli way, and Gojo is what I would describe as huge and appears as an adult basically. It was nice to see a show where the characters had organic chemistry and there wasn't an oblivious character...they both clearly are into each other from early on and the show goes on to develop it with tact and charm.

As far as spy x family....I will wait for the whole thing to come out. I hated waiting for new episodes of dress up darling and it always felt like the episode was over too quickly.

So I'm gonna binge it when it's complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: XR250rdr

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
Some group in our office decided to change this monthly news letter we do and use a service. I was informed a few months back that maybe some white listing would need to happen to ensure delivery of the emails but I asked them to let.me know when it was further along with more specific information and testing.

Today get an email that they are trying to send the first email and it's failing. No testing no letting me know. Come to find out they decided to spoof an email and it was getting blocked by our spam filter, so had to write a new policy that didn't work, add an address to our SPL record and it's still not working so now I get to open a case with our spam filter to figure out why it's being block and all I got from them was "we didn't know we needed to test, we sent you the paper that said what may need to be done"
Seems like you fucked up big time. They let you know WAAAYYY ahead of time that they were going to be doing something. Seems like you had plenty of time to test it and make it work well before they even decided what they were going to do. I hope you learned your lesson and will fix problems before people create them, moving forward. /s

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Seems like you fucked up big time. They let you know WAAAYYY ahead of time that they were going to be doing something. Seems like you had plenty of time to test it and make it work well before they even decided what they were going to do. I hope you learned your lesson and will fix problems before people create them, moving forward. /s

Lol, yeah. Here is a sheet of what we may need. When I got the sheet, We had not signed a contract or anything with them ye and didnt know the IP or domain that these message would be coming from, they had not decided if we would let them spoof an email address or have them send it. I couldn't do anything at that point.

• Support
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR

Code:
https://amazon.com/Dell-Curved-Monitor-Refresh-Display/dp/B095X7RV77/

In case anyone is interested in joining me in the Ultrawide Master Race, my new monitor is now $50 cheaper for some limited time. I think Dell just ran out of them and/or stopped the sale but Amazon is still going for now.

It's honestly a fantastic monitor for the price, even at $500.

oh fuck I want that

Reactions: TenSteel
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Does anyone want to dare me to go to Microcenter this weekend?
do-it-star-trek.gif

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
The fan service was actually not too bad, especially since the romance aspect wasn't one sided. Often the female character is involuntarily exploited but in this case, she was the one really initiating advances and at the same time respecting his boundaries when he was uncomfortable.

It also feels more like Marin is the actual MC and Gojo is the romance target, so the fan service feels more like her perspective trying to appeal to him.

So I felt it was pretty easy to get into without it feeling awkward. Yeah there's some obvious service, but it wasn't creepy. The characters are also much older on the spectrum than many others, and their character design reflects it. Marin is developed physically but not in a Loli way, and Gojo is what I would describe as huge and appears as an adult basically. It was nice to see a show where the characters had organic chemistry and there wasn't an oblivious character...they both clearly are into each other from early on and the show goes on to develop it with tact and charm.

As far as spy x family....I will wait for the whole thing to come out. I hated waiting for new episodes of dress up darling and it always felt like the episode was over too quickly.

So I'm gonna binge it when it's complete.
The only bit that I thought was eesh was Juju getting out of the shower.

The character design makes them look older, but they're both 15. I know some people had issues with it because of their age; they wished the author had made them college age.

I think what differentiates this show from many others is that its not relying on some ridiculous premise as a basis for the story. He's not a tutor 5 girls or something equally as outlandish.

Gojo isn't quite the typical oblivious anime MC, but he is oblivious to the concept of Marin having feelings for him. In the final scene of the show they left a line out. In the manga, after Marin confesses, she says something along the lines of "he's asleep...in every sense of the word".

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I get you with wanting to binge everything. Its a struggle for me between wanting to finish it all in one go and waiting.

I think I've watched SPY X FAMILY three times. I watch it at home. I watched it again with my son, then convinced his mom to check it out and watched it all over again.

Its weird how last season there were maybe 2 really good shows and maybe 2-3 more solid ones with rest being really meh. This season comes around there are at least half a dozen standout shows with another three or four that are solid.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
The only bit that I thought was eesh was Juju getting out of the shower.

The character design makes them look older, but they're both 15. I know some people had issues with it because of their age; they wished the author had made them college age.

I think what differentiates this show from many others is that its not relying on some ridiculous premise as a basis for the story. He's not a tutor 5 girls or something equally as outlandish.

Gojo isn't quite the typical oblivious anime MC, but he is oblivious to the concept of Marin having feelings for him. In the final scene of the show they left a line out. In the manga, after Marin confesses, she says something along the lines of "he's asleep...in every sense of the word".
I think you're right. As Gojo is concerned, at least it's somewhat realistic. He's not getting attention from the girls for some inexplicable reason. For example many MC's are just...not realistically attractive with no attractive qualities or behaviors....the girls just fall for them to play out a male fantasy. In Gojo's case, he's passionate about something, is respectful and actually "good", goes out of his way to help others but at the same time still has his own passions. It makes sense that Marin would be into him, as well as the other girls.

Juju shower scene I have no memory of. I'll have to take a look at it again. As far as taking issue with their age...well nobody actually did anything creepy if my memory serves. I don't remember there "oopsie titty grab" or other tropes. And they're the same age, which is a big deal. It's not some huge disparity. I don't think he's totally oblivious. He obviously likes her, but just doesn't know what to do about it and since he's a literal noob can't read the signs. If what you say about the manga is true though, I suppose that kind of is anticlimactic.

Then again, looking back at my own teenage experiences, it's relatable. There were a few girls who after the fact I realized were totally into me, but I was like "huh okay"

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I think you're right. As Gojo is concerned, at least it's somewhat realistic. He's not getting attention from the girls for some inexplicable reason. For example many MC's are just...not realistically attractive with no attractive qualities or behaviors....the girls just fall for them to play out a male fantasy. In Gojo's case, he's passionate about something, is respectful and actually "good", goes out of his way to help others but at the same time still has his own passions. It makes sense that Marin would be into him, as well as the other girls.
I'm with you there. The only trope they play out that kinda bugs me in general was him withdrawing because one kid made fun of him 10 years prior. At least show some pattern of him being teased, not just one person doing it.
Juju shower scene I have no memory of. I'll have to take a look at it again. As far as taking issue with their age...well nobody actually did anything creepy if my memory serves. I don't remember there "oopsie titty grab" or other tropes. And they're the same age, which is a big deal. It's not some huge disparity. I don't think he's totally oblivious. He obviously likes her, but just doesn't know what to do about it and since he's a literal noob can't read the signs. If what you say about the manga is true though, I suppose that kind of is anticlimactic.
It was in episode 4 or 5 I think. It was one of the the "she slipped in the shower and her saw her naked" tropes. In his defense he had a good reason for investigating why she was at his house in the first place, but the scene was out of character for the rest of the show.

I think he likes her too. His attraction is made painfully obvious, I just think he can't fathom her liking him back yet.
Then again, looking back at my own teenage experiences, it's relatable. There were a few girls who after the fact I realized were totally into me, but I was like "huh okay"
You and me both.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I'm with you there. The only trope they play out that kinda bugs me in general was him withdrawing because one kid made fun of him 10 years prior. At least show some pattern of him being teased, not just one person doing it.

It was in episode 4 or 5 I think. It was one of the the "she slipped in the shower and her saw her naked" tropes. In his defense he had a good reason for investigating why she was at his house in the first place, but the scene was out of character for the rest of the show.

I think he likes her too. His attraction is made painfully obvious, I just think he can't fathom her liking him back yet.

You and me both.
I haven't watched much anime of late. Been neck-deep in the K-dramas :rofl:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I ordered one of these for my Accord. Should do what I need it to do. Might want to add a small all-in-one sub/amb combo in the trunk.

3.5" BT receiver

Any recommendations for an easy-install sub? Doesn't have to be real powerful, just better than stock nothing.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I ordered one of these for my Accord. Should do what I need it to do. Might want to add a small all-in-one sub/amb combo in the trunk.

3.5" BT receiver

Any recommendations for an easy-install sub? Doesn't have to be real powerful, just better than stock nothing.

I've been looking at something like this for awhile if anyone has a specific recommendation
:x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448