TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
At all costs do not want to change out the head unit. The dash looks ridiculous and those kits look even dumber.

factory:

Honda-Accord-2008-2012-Custom-Dash-Kits.jpg

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
you run all flash storage?

Yeah, have been for a long time. We were early adopters of 10Gbit and all-flash arrays. It was a big cost differential when we started getting in to it, but now there's really no good reason unless you need some cold storage.

We've just implemented 25Gbit in the past couple years but I feel like we're behind the curve and should be on 100Gbit, but to be real outside of vMotion we don't ever saturate 25Gbit and it purely exists for vMotion.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
fuck, kinda want this :hmm:

Damn, that's a smoking deal! However that PSU is a bit infuriating. The cut grills above the fan on mine were fucking sharp as hell and cut the shit out of my fingers before I ended up deburring them. And when the fan comes on it's pretty damn loud even at under 40% load which you would think it wouldn't even need to come on in the first place.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl:
Using the stupid Windows 10 pin number to log in has bit me in the ass... I need to use the actual password to remote into the machine and I can't fucking remember what I used for the password.

• Haha
Reactions: CPTMULLER

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Damn, that's a smoking deal! However that PSU is a bit infuriating. The cut grills above the fan on mine were fucking sharp as hell and cut the shit out of my fingers before I ended up deburring them. And when the fan comes on it's pretty damn loud even at under 40% load which you would think it wouldn't even need to come on in the first place.
hmmmm the impulsive feelings have worn off but I still kinda want it

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
Anyone ever use AWS Chime?

We had an AWS call today and they wanted to use Chime. We had 30 people on the call and the piece of fucking shit failed so often we had to use Zoom. To be fair the guy who works for AWS even said Chime sucks. He said Chime has issues with groups this large. 30 people is large?!! rofl

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Using the stupid Windows 10 pin number to log in has bit me in the ass... I need to use the actual password to remote into the machine and I can't fucking remember what I used for the password.
This is a thing? I tried this in the past and couldnt even transfer files all the while on my computer to another because it was a pin account

XxOoLVoOxX

OT Supporter
May 30, 2021
I set up Windows Hello a few weeks ago. I hate it. I want to go back to a local only account and just use my password. It's 17 characters and I've been typing it for so many years it's definitely faster than lifting the cover on my webcam and not much slower than entering the 8 digit PIN I went with.

Plus, isn't a password more secure if The Disinformation Bureau ever raided my house and needed to get into my files since the PIN also now opens all my drives encrypted with bitlocker?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
This is a thing? I tried this in the past and couldnt even transfer files all the while on my computer to another because it was a pin account
You couldn't transfer files using RDC? I've never had that issue (just tried sending a file to the laptop and it works fine). The account still has a password, it just gives you the option to login with a PIN instead of the PW, I must have used some stupid obscure PW for some reason. Luckily I was able to get it changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448