TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
You couldn't transfer files using RDC? I've never had that issue (just tried sending a file to the laptop and it works fine). The account still has a password, it just gives you the option to login with a PIN instead of the PW, I must have used some stupid obscure PW for some reason. Luckily I was able to get it changed.
was just using file explorer, its the only way I know to do it other than teamviewer

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Welp, Thought I blew a circuit or something, my lights blinked for less than a second, my tv did something where it changed sources from my plex app. I look out my window and see that 2 blocks away the power is out out there including our sworn enemy apartment building.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Have almost no desire to buy new PC hardware these days. My PCs are good enough. Although I'd buy an MSI Ventus 3080 Ti if I found one for a good price now that LHR don't mean shit. I have a nice BNIB Corsair block I could use for it.

But been buying a rather lot of used home theatre audio equipment. Bought 2 subs and a AVR in the last couple weeks. And hopefully buying a pair of Paradigm 11SE MK3s in the next couple days. :x:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
MTX Audio RT8PT Universal Powered Subwoofer Enclosure & Scosche Install Centric ICAK8 True 8 Gauge 2-Channel 680W Max Complete Car Amp Installation Wiring Kit

What you guys think about one of these

Reactions: yonson

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
If a single 8 will give you the bass you want, go for it, MTX is still a reputable brand, unlike SOOOO many others these days...
Have you watched any of Hexibase's vids on 3d printed enclosure w/ tiny ass drivers? IIRC he used a Tang Band 3 or 3.5" and it was tuned pretty damn low. Like 30Hz or some shit.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Yea same but thats what happens when you throw 200vms on a single LUN

I run 250+ VDI on a single volume (not using LUNs, NFS-based for AFF) and even during morning boot storms it hardly breaks a sweat. I don't know your workload or setup though...or why you're purposely running 200 VMs on a single LUN.

9QubOlg.png

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Have you watched any of Hexibase's vids on 3d printed enclosure w/ tiny ass drivers? IIRC he used a Tang Band 3 or 3.5" and it was tuned pretty damn low. Like 30Hz or some shit.

:rofl:
Yeah, I went down that rabbit hole a year or so ago. I've really thought about printing one, I just don't want to have to deal with an additional amp etc...

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
If a single 8 will give you the bass you want, go for it, MTX is still a reputable brand, unlike SOOOO many others these days...
So refresh me since it's been a while

That one has the kit.

Run the main power through the firewall on one side thru a grommet somewhere, use the fuse in between that and battery. Secure fuse. The other end goes into the amp. The ground comes out of the amp, attach to some paint stripped bolt somewhere on the body near the rear.

Buy one of these:

Speaker level

Splice into rear speakers (use something like these things ), RCA cable to amp, remote wire from amp to the kicker thing.

Mount the line converter somewhere in the back, mount the box securely, mount the amp gain up front somewhere, and be done?

I forget if i need a different speaker line level converter with a low-pass or does the amp do that?

Last edited:

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
I guess as long as I don't provide proprietary info, I can touch on the storage we're using. It's not like it's top secret, but I like to protect my IRL identity as much as possible. If someone works with me and sees this, they'll know who I am though :rofl:

NetApp 8040: Not technically AFF, but our first all-flash array. Used for SMB/NFS. All VMware stuff was NFS. We still have some stuff on this but we've mostly moved it to new arrays as we've had the 8040 for about seven years now or longer. I'd have to look back at when I bought it.

EMC VNX (several models): Used these for block storage, primarily for dev/test Oracle servers. These were retired just recently.

EMC XtremIO (1 and 2): We've been using these for a while as our primary block storage for Oracle and now all production workloads. Easily my favorite array for block storage, probably because it wasn't technically made by EMC. Tons of RAM/Compute and four active controllers in a dual-brick setup. Unfortunately, EMC is no longer doing anything with this and letting it die.

EMC Unity: We have a few of these. Least favorite EMC array. Poor performance all-around and full of bugs. EMC has quickly made PowerStore which is clearly based off Unity but not nearly as bad a product. Sucks for file workloads, block is OK. This is supposed to be the next iteration of VNX but instead of improving on VNX, they removed functionality and somehow improved nothing on file workloads.

EMC PowerStore: The primary tray of storage (with the controllers) is NVMe where as any expansion storage isn't. This is what the Unity should have been. Still sucks for file workloads, OK for block. Not sure if we want to buy more of these as they seemed to also learn nothing from the Unity failures and are doubling down on "simplifying" the storage to the point where it's a pain in the ass to use outside of extremely basic use cases.

I'm looking at Pure Storage next. Always been a fan of what they're doing and wanted to use them sooner, but we had some challenges (we were sold two times in the past few years) that screwed up all our plans. We'll probably go back to NetApp in the future for our file workloads. Nobody can touch them on that.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
I run 250+ VDI on a single volume (not using LUNs, NFS-based for AFF) and even during morning boot storms it hardly breaks a sweat. I don't know your workload or setup though...or why you're purposely running 200 VMs on a single LUN.

9QubOlg.png
Because the person that setup it up is an idiot…pNFS wont have any issues, LUNs will due to que depth

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448