CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
"downgraded" from 48" LG CX to a 42" LG C2 monitor. Also wall mounted it and gave it a slight tilt. 35" seating distance, it's just right.
View attachment 228072
If you haven’t been, this place used to be pretty solid:

Reactions: TenSteel and Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
How’s Reno treating you, dude? I used to go out there for work a few times a year and it sort of grew on me.
It's definitely grown on me. The downtown is the first impression most people get, and it's largely rundown & filled with homeless. But I live in South Reno and it actually has some character. Also, the proximity to tahoe & skiing. I work in Carson City so I drive through a beautiful valley every day. Never really gets old. 4 seasons are cool too. Wouldn't want to live here if I were young & single, but great place to raise a family.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
If you haven’t been, this place used to be pretty solid:

haven't been, will check out

Reactions: bearsdidit

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
I was a little surprised after I started doing keeb research that live streams of people building custom keyboards is a thing.

But then when I think about how much money someone can sink into that hobby, it makes sense that there's a whole ecosystem of keyboard youtubers with sponsors.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
I was a little surprised after I started doing keeb research that live streams of people building custom keyboards is a thing.

But then when I think about how much money someone can sink into that hobby, it makes sense that there's a whole ecosystem of keyboard youtubers with sponsors.
Yah, it’s a wild “hobby”. I want to get my new keeb dialed and never want to deal with it again. I’m not a big fan of having multiple and redundant items.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Yah, it’s a wild “hobby”. I want to get my new keeb dialed and never want to deal with it again. I’m not a big fan of having multiple and redundant items.
I've had this Kira for 4 years and haven't done shit to it except change keycaps.

Just want to try something different.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I got a friend who lives near Reno and works at Nevada Highway Patrol. He likes it there. Used to live in Sacramento.

He moved because of gun laws but the funny thing is he never goes shooting anymore.
It's definitely grown on me. The downtown is the first impression most people get, and it's largely rundown & filled with homeless. But I live in South Reno and it actually has some character. Also, the proximity to tahoe & skiing. I work in Carson City so I drive through a beautiful valley every day. Never really gets old. 4 seasons are cool too. Wouldn't want to live here if I were young & single, but great place to raise a family.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

Have you seen the threads I've been making lately???? Some weird shit out there lol

• Haha
Reactions: TenSteel

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Wasn't sure, so googled it -
"6- Multi-View function is added in the C2 series, allowing you to choose between Picture-by-Picture (PbP) and Picture-in-Picture (PiP)."

Apparently so
Hmm might have to upgrade to a C2 biggest complaint about my CX

Reactions: Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Seems a little pricey but I guess it isn't when you consider what people are paying for Alienware and Samsung ultrawides currently.
roughly same price as the alienware. Admittedly it's still overpriced, but it's really in its own class. I paid the same price for the 48" CX in 2020. You can now get the 48" C1 now for around $800.
I love burning money on my hobbies :hs:

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I got a friend who lives near Reno and works at Nevada Highway Patrol. He likes it there. Used to live in Sacramento.

He moved because of gun laws but the funny thing is he never goes shooting anymore.
It's a pretty short drive from Sac. I grew up in the South so I'm used to 90+% humidity and 8 month long summers. Dry heat & cool nights are a sweet upgrade.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
I used to be hella fat. Like 260lb and 6'.

My A1c was 8, and I freaked out. Went scorched earth diet and exercise, after about a year I was down to 160.

At this time I was actively using Facebook, and there were pictures of me at family events.

Anyway, my relatives thought I was dying and got calls from cousins and uncles I don't normally see. They were hella worried.

I told them no I wasn't dying but I was diabetic and got scared and lost a shitload of weight.

I was good for about 3 years and since COVID I gained a lot of it back. Back up to 220 now :hs:

Let's lose weight together. I was around 155lbs just before COVID and then gained 30lbs over the course of two years. Started drinking beer a lot more than I ever did and really got in to ice cream :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost