CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
uh oh got a WHEA error logged in hwinfo64.

First one since I dialed in the OC April 2021.

Guess it's starting to degrade finally :rofl:

That was faster than the 8700k. Time to upgrade!
Wonder if that’s what’s happened with my ram since I I had to down-clock it from the default XMP speeds.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
:werd:

I’m gonna run the next on on air cooling with a mild overclock if anything. The radiator thing is overkill and overall louder than my previous setup. :o
I'll still use water since it's so quiet - I use a giant Deep Ass 3 and it's way louder on both my 10900KF and 8700K even on silent.

Have since moved it to my 8700k and when games launch it ramps up loud

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
I never did really until I got a free FX6300 maybe 7 years ago, then went full potato during the 8700k and did several between then and now. But lots of money time and effort for little gain really.
It seemed like overclocking the ring bus on my 10700 was what made a noticeable difference in system speed and responsiveness. Increasing the frequency didn't seem to change much of anything.

Maybe a couple extra FPS, but most games at 1440p didn't seem to be CPU bound.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
It seemed like overclocking the ring bus on my 10700 was what made a noticeable difference in system speed and responsiveness. Increasing the frequency didn't seem to change much of anything.

Maybe a couple extra FPS, but most games at 1440p didn't seem to be CPU bound.
I raised that value on mine as well and noticed some improvements. I can't remember the stock value of the 8700k, but i raised it to 47x and the 10900k to 48x. Both were -300 off the core frequency.

Reactions: TenSteel
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
went up to 1.38v now middle LLC...not wheas. But all-core load droops to 1.31v now which is still quite high. Thermally not able to handle even with a 360. Maybe I should abandon my existing quad core turbo.

I notice I get instability in some games that are clearly console ports, they will ping me to 5.3ghz sometimes, which i've set to 4 active cores. I don't need nearly this much voltage for stable 5.1 all-core.

• Wow
Reactions: TenSteel

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego

8bits-series-custom-keycaps-020.jpg

Group buy starts tomorrow. Any guesses on how much these are going to cost?

LMOA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost