CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Oh fuck me, these are cool. I love space shit.

And it's not ridiculously over the top about it, right?

61mDFiSYZWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
That’s cool link it up

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
These PBT caps even sound a little different too. It's amazing how much each little thing you do to a keeb can change the sound in some way.

Not sure how much I like the super flat, low profile DSA thing but I'll give a while and see. Just an interim thing to fuck around with until my Spark set arrives.

Oh and speaking of keycap sets, I'm not gonna do anymore group buys through KBDFans.

Divinikey is based in Los Angeles and apparently already has the sets in stock ready to ship, with way cheaper shipping to me vs. KBDFans direclty. I'm still waiting for the set from the group buy. :hsugh:

I honestly prefer the pbt caps. I just like how they feel. I'll probably order the black GMK drop set to test though

Reactions: TenSteel

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
R/mechmarket has them fairly often. Couple of vendors usually restock.
Ymdk doesn't sell them anymore. That's who I bought it through. Closest thing to mine are these:

No clue about this vendor though

"Keycap Storage Box For Cherry Dsa Sa Transparent Plastic Keycap Storage Box Mechanical Keyboard Keycap Storage Box - Mice & Keyboards Accessories - AliExpress" https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32568...c16552860629483286ea050!12000015758388202!rec
The shipping from AliExpress is stupidly expensive and slow for a lot of this stuff, unfortunately.

These might be a better option in the larger size.

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
The shipping from AliExpress is stupidly expensive and slow for a lot of this stuff, unfortunately.

These might be a better option in the larger size.

Damn that's cheap af. Get it. Forgot about Drop completely.

Reactions: TenSteel

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
So with the money I saved from not buying the stupid limited run keycap set, I got:

-A full set of Gateron Oil King Switches
-Two sets of keycaps
-Keycap storage boxes
-Car audio grade sound dampening material to swap for my case foam

And still have money left over. :rofl:

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
some of these keys are pretty cool

i gotta stop looking in this thread now
That one is really fun. Goes a little hard on the novelties, but as I said earlier, I always dig a spacey theme.

@the_antsy_honda if one were doing a keyboard build for a kid this set would be awesome with all the accessories, especially if their room already had a space theme.

Last edited:

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
He lives in Canada, but IDK where he's from. But yeah bad memory can and will fuck your experience in some scenarios
My guess is it would become less apparent or extreme at higher resolutions where the GPU takes over most of the workload.

I was about to say that 1080p benchmarks are more demonstrative in 2022, but a quick bit of research disproved that. I can't believe that 1080p is still the most popular resolution.

And look at the most popular video card: GTX 1060

Screenshot 2022-06-15 125340.jpg

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
My guess is it would become less apparent or extreme at higher resolutions where the GPU takes over most of the workload.

I was about to say that 1080p benchmarks are more demonstrative in 2022, but a quick bit of research disproved that. I can't believe that 1080p is still the most popular resolution.

And look at the most popular video card: GTX 1060

View attachment 231266
Some games like esports and stuff like that tend to lean more heavily on CPU than GPU, and so memory speed and bandwidth comes into play more there. As far as 1080p being dominant, it's still a thing that most gamers are still on older hardware and 1080p/60 is still "good enough" for most folks.

Guys like us are in the minority when it comes to computer hardware.

Reactions: yonson and TenSteel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle