CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
So with the money I saved from not buying the stupid limited run keycap set, I got:

-A full set of Gateron Oil King Switches
-Two sets of keycaps
-Keycap storage boxes
-Car audio grade sound dampening material to swap for my case foam

And still have money left over. :rofl:
You're doing it wrong.
That's not how hobbies work dammit :rofl:

Also with money left over it's time to buy Satisfaction 75 r2:

Sat-Top.jpg

Whole lotta keyboard for $850-950 :mamoru:

• Wow
Reactions: GRattu and TenSteel

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
So why is that $900?
It came out a while back in 2018 I think. It came out at the right time with great materials (aluminum block, with sandblasted brass plate and brass weight that's engraved) weighing at 4lbs or so. It has this whole appeal of being inspired by Capt Morgan's ship, Satisfaction. It's got custom PCB and there was a lot of hype behind the brass knob and oled screen. Original cost 350. V2 cost 480 and fixed few quirks in v1. Both sold in minutes and had fairly small runs.
I've seen them on sale for over a grand at peak popularity. It's basically a souped-up, boutique, and really hard-to-find version of GMMK pro with oled screen.

And above all it looks dope af:

PtrufHi.jpeg

During the peak bubble times, I've seen some really egregious ass shit like this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110661.0

Reactions: bearsdidit

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
It came out a while back in 2018 I think. It came out at the right time with great materials (aluminum block, with sandblasted brass plate and brass weight that's engraved) weighing at 4lbs or so. It has this whole appeal of being inspired by Capt Morgan's ship, Satisfaction. It's got custom PCB and there was a lot of hype behind the brass knob and oled screen. Original cost 350. V2 cost 480 and fixed few quirks in v1. Both sold in minutes and had fairly small runs.
I've seen them on sale for over a grand at peak popularity. It's basically a souped-up, boutique, and really hard-to-find version of GMMK pro with oled screen.

PtrufHi.jpeg

During the peak bubble times, I've seen some really egregious ass shit like this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110661.0
peak bubble times, has the keeb market jumped the shark finally? I'm super out of touch but every time I look things are 1 step more ridiculous

Reactions: TenSteel

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego

PtrufHi.jpeg

The best feature about that is the little screen that shows the active layer.

If that’s programmable in any way, all the better.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I watched some of that. He has no idea that the MX Master mouse is ALWAYS wireless. Plugging it in only charges its battery.

I'm losing trust in LTT videos. They just did a react video. A fucking REACT video. I hate that boring shit.
He’s a keeb nerd on their unboxing channel, idk what you expected

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Anyone wanna tell me why my work Dell will throttle itself to 0.6ghz sometimes after I unplug it from the dock? Or sometimes when I plug it into the dock?

Have to restart it every time this happens which is a pain in the ass. Goes snail speed.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Anyone wanna tell me why my work Dell will throttle itself to 0.6ghz sometimes after I unplug it from the dock? Or sometimes when I plug it into the dock?

Have to restart it every time this happens which is a pain in the ass. Goes snail speed.
Probably something to do with being on battery power/AC power and switching.

Check "power saving settings" or "battery behavior" either in windows or dells built in utility.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
  • Haha

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Yeah, tried to adjust them but they're locked to just the custom profile. Have to reboot lol. It's not thermal throttling, it happens specifically when it changes between wall and battery power it gets stupid.
Yea it is in your power settings.

Windows has settings "power limit on A/C" and "Power limit on battery" and your computer keeps switching

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost