CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Found a kind of solution for my games not scaling/aspect ratioing, found and app called QuickChangeResolution.exe and with some help created a bat file that resizes the screen, launches the game, then waits for the game to exit before resizing back to normal.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
The baseball episode of Deep Space Nine is SO GOOD. Worf had me cracking up. I'm almost done. Having to rush through before its off Netflix.

Yep. I somehow missed DS9 when I was young. I watched TNG and Voyager but never got around to DS9. I am really enjoying it.
If you have access to a VPN DS9 is available in almost every other county besides USA on netflix

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I just got a surprise pay raise :hsd: Now I am going to have to work super hard again and stress out of guilt.
When was the last time you had a raise? If it's been longer than a year and it's less than 25% I would say nope, they are just trying to make sure they keep you...

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
When was the last time you had a raise? If it's been longer than a year and it's less than 25% I would say nope, they are just trying to make sure they keep you...

I got 2% earlier this year and now just got another 3.5% :rofl: Better than nothing though and I've really been chilling out on how much I work and worry. I'm more focusing on just my own thing now and keeping it easier on myself.

• Sad
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I got 2% earlier this year and now just got another 3.5% :rofl: Better than nothing though and I've really been chilling out on how much I work and worry. I'm more focusing on just my own thing now and keeping it easier on myself.
Yeah, that's not even a cost of living increase. It's definitely better than nothing though. My last 2 gigs combined I haven't gotten a single raise in over 7 years...

• Barf
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Luckily I was able to make up for it at my last job though. Even though I was salary we could still get OT, on average I was putting in over 500 hours of OT a year at time and a half... My current gig I don't get OT but it's WFH and I'm pretty much free to do just about anything between tickets as long as I'm available and I usually knock them out as they come in even if it's after hours, weekends etc... since I can normally complete them in a few minutes.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
So I've been playing Days Gone on my Steam account on 3 different PC's

i9-10900KF
32gb 4000
NVME SSD

i7-8700k
16gb 3200
NVME SSD
5700xt

i3-10105f
16gb 3200
SATA SSD
RX 570 4gb

The game can saturate the 3080 at 1440p on highest settings and not get me 120fps solid, but if I tune settings down and resolution scaling a bit I can even get 60fps on the shittiest system, and I don't really feel like I'm missing much.

I am starting to believe I've wasted too much money on parts that don't really matter to me :hs:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Luckily I was able to make up for it at my last job though. Even though I was salary we could still get OT, on average I was putting in over 500 hours of OT a year at time and a half... My current gig I don't get OT but it's WFH and I'm pretty much free to do just about anything between tickets as long as I'm available and I usually knock them out as they come in even if it's after hours, weekends etc... since I can normally complete them in a few minutes.
So far I haven't worked for a company stupid enough to pay me overtime on my salary :wtc:

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
So I've been playing Days Gone on my Steam account on 3 different PC's

i9-10900KF
32gb 4000
NVME SSD

i7-8700k
16gb 3200
NVME SSD
5700xt

i3-10105f
16gb 3200
SATA SSD
RX 570 4gb

The game can saturate the 3080 at 1440p on highest settings and not get me 120fps solid, but if I tune settings down and resolution scaling a bit I can even get 60fps on the shittiest system, and I don't really feel like I'm missing much.

I am starting to believe I've wasted too much money on parts that don't really matter to me :hs:
Yeah, now that mining isn't as profitable I totally get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle