challenge-accepted.png

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
115 cans did about 5 ingots. Although probably 75% of them were tall cans. So equivilent to about 143 normal cans. So about 29 cans to make a single ingot. Not too bad TBH.
What is the point of these ingots? To sell? How much do you sell them for? Do you manufacture something with them? Turning cans into ingots is just a strange hobby I can’t wrap my head around.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
What is the point of these ingots? To sell? How much do you sell them for? Do you manufacture something with them? Turning cans into ingots is just a strange hobby I can’t wrap my head around.
Not to sell. Will use them later to cast parts. 3D printer parts. And way way down the road maybe CNC parts. Or any part where plastic won't cut it.

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I've got something causing stuttering or slowing down lately. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, sometimes, it doesn't :|

I'm thinking of all things that it's my memory.. I got 32gb but its' 4 x8 modules and while part numbers are identical, they're years apart in age. Running XMP, I've noticed since going from 16->32gb i've actually had to retard my frequency some to get things stable :hsd:

Frustrating as hell. Spent 1.5hr cleaning my case fans and gpu/cpu, though neither was that dusty just to rule out thermals. (watched both in HW and wasn't really concerned with what I saw, just figured it wouldn't hurt, wound up pulling and cleaning some fans I hadn't ever properly done)

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Unless the dude is loaded or really smart, it's not easy to just buy all that shit and make it work. I've had professional techs come in for UPS units and CRAC units and spend an entire day just getting them going. My guess is this guy took pics of some shit and is pretending he is installing it for his home lab.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971