CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
And it sounds like the dood is doing it for Plex and stupid shit. :rofl:

Unless the dude is loaded or really smart, it's not easy to just buy all that shit and make it work. I've had professional techs come in for UPS units and CRAC units and spend an entire day just getting them going. My guess is this guy took pics of some shit and is pretending he is installing it for his home lab.
yeah that's the part that confused me, the cross section between having the money/skills to build that, and not wanting to blow your brains out at the thought of that is borderline nonexistant

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
From reading his comments he just has a shit ton of money apparently. I think raised flooring is stupid, but not my problem. Still think he's full of shit though unless he is rich. Especially with him quoting $3k a month in power bills + $1,300 a month just for fiber.

Reactions: lowfat

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
From reading his comments he just has a shit ton of money apparently. I think raised flooring is stupid, but not my problem. Still think he's full of shit though unless he is rich. Especially with him quoting $3k a month in power bills + $1,300 a month just for fiber.
I'd fucking love to see what a warrant turns up at that place

• Haha
Reactions: GH0ST

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I haven't renamed my drives in years, I guess I just quit doing it when I switched to laptops that only had 1 drive. Same with PC names, I used composers for years, now I just use whatever Windows uses.

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Here is my naming theme:
OR8ZLCs.jpg

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I haven't renamed my drives in years, I guess I just quit doing it when I switched to laptops that only had 1 drive. Same with PC names, I used composers for years, now I just use whatever Windows uses.
I name the drives what they're called once I ID them:

1658718815395.png

Nothin weird just so I know which one is which

Reactions: yonson

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Finished organizing my garage, good fuckin lord so you know how many half used and dried up buckets of spackle I found?

Every time I have to spackle something I forget I have one and buy a new one lol
I just spent the weekend helping a buddy finish his punch list for starting life as a landlord.

One of which was mostly cleaning out a garage.

In Texas.

That faces west.

We were getting sunburned by the reflection off the concrete.

Oh also @ingotlover6969420 that I scrolled past while thinking of his burns lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971