CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Y'all need to up your storage game though. This is a work in progress...

image.png
i have like 50Tb worth of NAS storage i just dont keep it mapped as a drive in windows

Reactions: JaimeZX and lowfat

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
My shares have names, but they're mapped via GPO.

Local drives I might label with capacity, just so its not "NEW VOLUME"

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I'm also considering dialing back my Office subscription since, and I never thought I'd say this, Google Suite is not that bad :o

Still working on getting used to Sheets, which is the biggest deal for me since I do some tricky stuff in a few of them, but I've maintained a full blown org and domain for the longest time, and I don't think I'm ever going back to that side of the house :o

Reactions: CPTMULLET

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
you script installing steam games on your personal computer?
No, I script installing apps like Steam, then I go and either import the library on the secondary drives, or set it to download to a new destination.

Other apps like Office you can silently install from media, you can have a local repo on the network to pull from for things like installers for Chrome, etc. (all of which should have silent install options), etc.

About the only downside is the installers that are annoyingly manual - like Battle.net for Diablo/WoW/OW/etc.

Reloading and getting going is maybe a 1 hour affair? About the only way I'd speed that up is to go ahead and go with a custom image + scripted build that would autodeploy all the apps for me, and that's a pita.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971