CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Going to be heading to Hawaii in October and I'm going to be building 2 systems for friends when I'm out there. First one they're paying for, between $1-1.5k, second one I'm footing the bill on as she's a great friend and I owe her a birthday gift.

I'm going to need parts on hand by early October so I can ship them.

Waiting to find out if one will have to handle FPS like Fortnite/Apex Legends/etc., or if they're both only going to have to run MMOs like WoW and MOBAs.

I'm half tempted to go with Intel just so I can slide in DDR5, but the budget is going to be semi-tight on the lower build and the one I'm doing for my friend, I may open up to a few others since she's a big part of our lives :o

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Going to be heading to Hawaii in October and I'm going to be building 2 systems for friends when I'm out there. First one they're paying for, between $1-1.5k, second one I'm footing the bill on as she's a great friend and I owe her a birthday gift.

I'm going to need parts on hand by early October so I can ship them.

Waiting to find out if one will have to handle FPS like Fortnite/Apex Legends/etc., or if they're both only going to have to run MMOs like WoW and MOBAs.

I'm half tempted to go with Intel just so I can slide in DDR5, but the budget is going to be semi-tight on the lower build and the one I'm doing for my friend, I may open up to a few others since she's a big part of our lives :o
Oh fuck you built a PC with last gen hardware? Should have waited for the next gen hardware to come out next month!

Oh fuck you built a PC with next gen hardware? Should have bought last gen hardware at a steep discount and no firmware bugs!

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I use to shoot doubles and sporting clays with my Nova pump, after some practice it wasn't awful, but now I'd definitely rather use my Citori.
For sure its a matter of my skill (or lack thereof). Only shot clays regularly for a few months before moving and never picked it back up.

In college I got talked into joining in shooting skeet when no one else wanted to shoot trap and I had real hard time at first. After I struggled for a bit we decided to check the choke and surprise surprise it had a modified choke in it. The guys I was shooting with were laughing how I'd never a wing a target. Complete miss or obliteration.

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl: I've never shot skeet but I can imagine trying to shoot with a modified or full choke would be really fucking difficult! With trap I'd only use a modified when shooting at 27 yards.

Yeah, when I lived in CA I shot trap every Sunday and sporting clays and or 5 stand at least 2 times a month. Since moving here I've only shot sporting clays once and 5 stand 2 or 3 times :o

Reactions: XR250rdr

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
May need to update my bios. Now that I'm not mining I put my computer to sleep. And its always randomly had issues where it just reboot/locks up when waking.

Hate updating tho. Always fucks w/ my OC in some way or another.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
May need to update my bios. Now that I'm not mining I put my computer to sleep. And its always randomly had issues where it just reboot/locks up when waking.

Hate updating tho. Always fucks w/ my OC in some way or another.
This seems like a WInblows thing to me. Any time I've tried putting mine to sleep they do that shit. Now I just put them on a timer for when to shut down and then add an RTC wakeup timer in the BIOS to start them back up. I have all my mining machines shut down at 1100 when the electric rate goes from 12 cents to almost 24 cents then turn back on at 1900 when the rate goes back down, has made a huge difference on my electric bill, I didn't really mind when I was mining $200- $300 a day, but at $20 a day it sucks.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
This seems like a WInblows thing to me. Any time I've tried putting mine to sleep they do that shit. Now I just put them on a timer for when to shut down and then add an RTC wakeup timer in the BIOS to start them back up. I have all my mining machines shut down at 1100 when the electric rate goes from 12 cents to almost 24 cents then turn back on at 1900 when the rate goes back down, has made a huge difference on my electric bill, I didn't really mind when I was mining $200- $300 a day, but at $20 a day it sucks.
I sleep my rig everytime I'm away from keyboard tho. I'd rather not be turning the PC on/off 5-10x a day. :mamoru:

• Wow
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Dammit, I've got a package coming FedEx home delivery :madfawk: what are the odds it shows up on time? It is suppose to be here next Thursday, so most likely it doesn't show until Saturday...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529