CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Spent like 3.5-4 hours melting cans again.

This much slag.
YGmPlHz.jpg

For this much aluminum.
N807ixi.jpg

From my guess I have around 35-40lb of clean aluminum now. :nod:

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
pulled my broken m.2, it was actually this really weird old one we put in just because we had it.

put it in an enclosure and was able to pull the data, crisis averted

replaced 480gig m.2 with 2tb 870
Was it your O/S drive or data drive? What was it doing before you had to pull it?

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Was it your O/S drive or data drive? What was it doing before you had to pull it?

not my os

was running my work projects off it. in the middle of editing a project in premiere pro when i got a blue screen and it stopped showing up in my bios/windows

• Wow
Reactions: stevezissou

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
not my os

was running my work projects off it. in the middle of editing a project in premiere pro when i got a blue screen and it stopped showing up in my bios/windows
Glad you were able to recover it.

Take a look at macrium reflect free you can make images of entire drives as backups and pull individual files off that image if you need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenSteel and yonson

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Never understood why HDDs were called 'spinning rust'. All the platters are aluminum and fucking hell a lot of it. Need to get off my ass and pull the platters from the rest of my dead drives. Probably got a couple ingots from the ones I had done already.

Probably have about 50 pounds now. :bowdown:

Went through about 25-30 pounds of propane in the last day. :hmm:

EDIT: Weighed aluminum. 41 pounds. So I've 75 pounds of propane to get 41 pounds of aluminum. Not a solid investment. :hmm:

vFyT87Q.jpg

Last edited:

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
If any of you ever get in to a position where you are purchasing hardware for a business, do not ever buy Dell. God damn their support is awful. Have been working with them for over 36 hours with two hours of sleep on a basic upgrade that they fucked up. They hire the most unqualified people that read from a script and have no idea how any of this works.

You're also going to get a constantly rotating account team that struggles to do next to nothing and then is replaced as soon as you start to build a rapport with them.

Last edited:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
If any of you ever get in to a position where you are purchasing hardware for a business, do not ever buy Dell. God damn their support is awful. Have been working with them for over 36 hours with two hours of sleep on a basic upgrade that they fucked up. They hire the most unqualified people that read from a script and have no idea how any of this works.

You're also going to get a constantly rotating account team that struggles to do next to nothing and then is replaced as soon as you start to build a rapport with them.
Depends on the product and the support team. Source; dealt with Dell @ my last gig.

Which product?

Reactions: CPTMULLET

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529