CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Rebuilding an old PC that's been sitting in my closet for at least a year... good times.

USf2hsel.jpg

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
one of the biggest lans in the country is so close I can drive home to sleep, no real need for ITX :o
I want to try ITX because I’ll eventually get rid of my hard drives and won’t “need” the extra space.

But now with the rumors circling of the power requirements of next generation GPUs that may be a bad idea. SFF power supplies may not be able to hang.

Reactions: CPTMULLET
May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
holy shit this wheel and base is insane. i only have it running 80% and i'm getting tired just doing some laps :rofl: had to reconfigure my rig to get the wheel farther away from me but i don't think i'll have to but the brace kit on, it isn't moving around at all with this thing.

Reactions: GH0ST and yonson

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Well fuck..... Grabbed a cup of what I thought was brass pennies. But they were zinc. What a fucking mess... It didn't melt but burst in to flames. May have ruined my crucible. :(

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Well hell. It turned in to a foam. :eek3:

Edit: I think I made sunscreen, zinc oxide.
Is zinc oxide toxic to humans?

* Zinc Oxide can affect you when breathed in. * Exposure to Zinc Oxide can cause “metal fume fever.” This is a flu-like illness with symptoms of metallic taste in the mouth, headache, fever and chills, aches, chest tightness and cough.

Hope you're outdoors and wearing a good mask

Reactions: lowfat

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Is zinc oxide toxic to humans?

* Zinc Oxide can affect you when breathed in. * Exposure to Zinc Oxide can cause “metal fume fever.” This is a flu-like illness with symptoms of metallic taste in the mouth, headache, fever and chills, aches, chest tightness and cough.

Hope you're outdoors and wearing a good mask
Outdoors with a good breeze. I let it burn itself out before I went anywhere near it.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds