CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
oh no no no, I have an X470 with a 2600x.

I always figured squeezing more life out of this thing would be plunking down the last ryzen supported for it. Thinking between 5600x and 5800x

sister also just replaced a regular ass 2080 she bought in 2019 that's overheating; have a 2070 (non super) and figure if I can get that for free/shipping from her, this might be as good as it gets before I do in fact rebuild; or hold out with 5000 series and ride a newerish GPU for as long as I can;

My PC isn't changing much; if anything, I'd might be buying a second case/mobo to build a casual gaming PC on my current hardware or sell the 2070 to a coworker for $150~ and maybe flip the 2600X for $70~
:dunno:
In that case if you have a Micro Center close by a 5800X is $279.99 or a 5900X is $349.99, but even a 5600X would be a damn nice upgrade.

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
In that case if you have a Micro Center close by a 5800X is $279.99 or a 5900X is $349.99, but even a 5600X would be a damn nice upgrade.
I don't, but I've got a $55~ credit with B&H, which really pushes that 5600X into really great pricing :hsd:, pretty sure I'd spend less on it than I did the 2600x I have now that I bought on black friday/cyber monday

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Speaking of forbidden things, ordered the wife a custom keyboard with a cap set this weekend, was hoping it'd get here before this coming weekend, damn thing shipped from China via DHL :mad:

Stupid Keychron :mad:

How could you willingly support China like this SMH

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I'll drive to Sac town and you can give me some :x:
I've got some random shit leftover.

At the very least:

1. 2x4GB 2666 levin DDR4 (might be defective, might just need tweaks, idk i just replaced it)
2. arctic freezer 33 with the intel mounts
3. ryzen wraith spire rgb cooler
4. 3 or 4 24" 1080p monitors
5. bunch of random keyboards and mice
6. older dusty seasonic s12II 620w

and more other random shit. in my garage. not sure how accessible any of it is since it's in stacked costco tubs that i forgot to label

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I've got some random shit leftover.

At the very least:

1. 2x4GB 2666 levin DDR4 (might be defective, might just need tweaks, idk i just replaced it)
2. arctic freezer 33 with the intel mounts
3. ryzen wraith spire rgb cooler
4. 3 or 4 24" 1080p monitors
5. bunch of random keyboards and mice
6. older dusty seasonic s12II 620w

and more other random shit. in my garage. not sure how accessible any of it is since it's in stacked costco tubs that i forgot to label
I have sooooooo many mice :o

• Support
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Wat. I literally buy MAP all the time at Home Depot and Lowes. Yellow bottles.
from wikipedia:
MAPP gas was a trademarked name, belonging to The Linde Group, a division of the former global chemical giant Union Carbide, for a fuel gas based on a stabilized mixture of methylacetylene (propyne), propadiene and propane. The name comes from the original chemical composition, methylacetylene-propadiene propane. "MAPP gas" is also widely used as a generic name for UN 1060 stabilised methylacetylene-propadiene (unstabilised methylacetylene-propadiene is known as MAPD).

MAPP gas is widely regarded as a safer and easier-to-use substitute for acetylene. In early 2008, true MAPP gas production ended in North America when production was discontinued at the only remaining plant in North America that still manufactured it. However, many current products labeled "MAPP" are, in fact, MAPP substitutes. These versions are composed almost entirely of propylene with minuscule impurities of propane (<0.5%).[1]

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Interesting. MAP = 3730° vs Propane at 3600°F. I thought it was significantly hotter, but guess not. Still. Somewhat hotter... :o

Reactions: lowfat

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
from wikipedia:
MAPP gas was a trademarked name, belonging to The Linde Group, a division of the former global chemical giant Union Carbide, for a fuel gas based on a stabilized mixture of methylacetylene (propyne), propadiene and propane. The name comes from the original chemical composition, methylacetylene-propadiene propane. "MAPP gas" is also widely used as a generic name for UN 1060 stabilised methylacetylene-propadiene (unstabilised methylacetylene-propadiene is known as MAPD).

MAPP gas is widely regarded as a safer and easier-to-use substitute for acetylene. In early 2008, true MAPP gas production ended in North America when production was discontinued at the only remaining plant in North America that still manufactured it. However, many current products labeled "MAPP" are, in fact, MAPP substitutes. These versions are composed almost entirely of propylene with minuscule impurities of propane (<0.5%).[1]
This
Interesting. MAP = 3730° vs Propane at 3600°F. I thought it was significantly hotter, but guess not. Still. Somewhat hotter... :o
It burns significantly hotter than Propane in oxygen, but not in air.

Reactions: JaimeZX

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529