CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Anyone else excited about 13th gen/Zen4?

Nah. Doesn't seem like anything significant enough to trigger the itch.
Very content with my 12700k 3080ti.

I am about to swap to an external rad and smaller case though, parts are here but along ways to go on that.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Spectrum now sending me emails to "upgrade now" to their 1 gig service but still only 35 upload LOLZ.

Funny how these emails didn't show up until ATT started digging up everyones yards to run fiber hah.

Reactions: Nikuk and TenSteel

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
I know @stevezissou is Samsung or Crucial ride o die, but is there any collective of overall SSD reliability reports?

The pricing on Teamgroup NVMe drives seems to aggressively undercut most everyone else, so I’m wondering if there’s a reason for that?

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Reactions: TenSteel

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
I know @stevezissou is Samsung or Crucial ride o die, but is there any collective of overall SSD reliability reports?

The pricing on Teamgroup NVMe drives seems to aggressively undercut most everyone else, so I’m wondering if there’s a reason for that?
never heard of them

most of the time SSD drives save money on the cache/controller

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Personal experience is on normal stuff (games, files, nothing heavy duty) Teamgroup has been fine. I have a Teamgroup MP33 and its on the slower side but on the stuff mentioned it's been fine. Reliability....had it <1 yr so I can't comment.

I have Teamgroup RAM and its fine :dunno:

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Personal experience is on normal stuff (games, files, nothing heavy duty) Teamgroup has been fine. I have a Teamgroup MP33 and its on the slower side but on the stuff mentioned it's been fine. Reliability....had it <1 yr so I can't comment.

I have Teamgroup RAM and its fine :dunno:
I was looking at the MP33 4tb. It’s the same price as a 4TB SATA SSD. :rofl:

Not planning on using it for a boot drive

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
what do you guys do with your old hardware? i have a few old C2D machines sitting on a shelf, just need a HDD and ram. maybe i'll look to donate or see if someone in the nieghborhood wants to build something :dunno:
i repurposed one of them as a backup server for my NAS and another works as a second desktop for my parents

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
what do you guys do with your old hardware? i have a few old C2D machines sitting on a shelf, just need a HDD and ram. maybe i'll look to donate or see if someone in the nieghborhood wants to build something :dunno:
i repurposed one of them as a backup server for my NAS and another works as a second desktop for my parents
If it is HDD I secure erase with boot and nuke

If it is SSD I use this https://partedmagic.com/ which supports SSD and NVME secure erase.

Then I usually keep/destroy the drives.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Got a stack of old hard drives in the garage and when I sell parts or give away PC's I just get cheap new storage for them

Reactions: Nikuk

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Aside from storage, household waste recycling for stuff that old.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarieMPA