Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
ULMC.gif
ULMC.gif

Cliffs EVGA is done doing making video cards using NVIDIA chips

Done making video cards period. They said they aren't interested in working with AMD or Intel either.

Absolutely crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Niccolo-daddy

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Not a fan of MSI, the only 2 I've had both had fans die in under a year. I haven't had any issues with my ASUS cards, so I guess that's what I'll get for a 4080 now. Damn, wish I would have gotten one of the $1099 EVGA FTW3 3090 Ti's now :madfawk:
Agreed, I would’ve been happy with either an Evga or Asus 40xx. This is pretty fucking major.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Anyone else surprised partner boards are still a thing?
You touched on something at the end of the GN video. Seems that the CEO of NVidia doesn't act like board partners add much value to their product.

I guess EVGA's CEO is tired of being shit on?

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I haven’t watched the GN take yet but I tried an Nvidia reference card - the 1070 - and promptly swore I wouldn’t do it again because I had to mod it to get decent thermal performance out of it.

Granted, I haven’t dicked around with newer reference cards with the pass through but they ain’t at the top of the leaderboards in cooling and performance.

In short, if this is nvidia’s way to start going down the path of monopoly, then Intel and AMD must be pretty happy.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
I haven’t watched the GN take yet but I tried an Nvidia reference card - the 1070 - and promptly swore I wouldn’t do it again because I had to mod it to
Cliffs is basically EVGA got screwed business wise having to pay an inflated price for NVIDIA chips and then have NIVIDIA compete with them with no price controls and then EVGA lost their ass because their own supplier(NVIDIA) simultaneously supplied, hamstrung them, then competed with EVGA and undercut them on price. OOF

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Cliffs is basically EVGA got screwed business wise having to pay an inflated price for NVIDIA chips and then have NIVIDIA compete with them with no price controls and then EVGA lost their ass because their own supplier(NVIDIA) simultaneously supplied, hamstrung them, then competed with EVGA and undercut them on price. OOF
I watched the Jayz video so I got the gist of them being dicked over.

I didn’t know if GN had said something specifically different.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LandenStein