CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
every time I clean the garage I immediately start a major project and cover it all up again :o
She made the mistake of saying "let's stop by the Container Store so we can get something to organize the drawer with the whisks and measuring cups"

Walked in, it was apparently 25% all the store for the weekend, and she quickly regretted her choice to bring me along as I took over and started getting stuff to organize allllllllllllllllll the things in the kitchen, including spending the time to clear out the stupid ass junk drawers, clean out kitchen tools I don't use, move stuff so the workflow is a bit better, etc. etc. etc.

Total visit count for the weekend was 3 (for returns and more stuff), and I'm waiting on Amazon to drop off the rest of the shelf liner, and some more drawer liner, so I can finish up the drawers, and then I need to finish going through all of the charging/network/fiber/power/etc. cables from the junk drawers, and make a dropoff to the electronics recycler.

Let's just say her anxiety was KICKIN when I had all the things pulled out and onto the counters :rofl:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
every time I clean the garage I immediately start a major project and cover it all up again :o
Also also, what she doesn't realize is when I get the garage unpacked, I'll have electricians in to install a new subpanel so I can run conduit and install outlets in all the places, along w/ a ridiculous amount of shop lights.

I've mentioned it in passing but she hasn't clocked it :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: CPTMULLET

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Ordered this tonight along with a 16GB stick of DDR4 and a 500G NVME drive. Fanless, powered by a 4 core Celeron N5105 with 4 2.5gb Ethernet ports. Going to install proxmox on it, run an openwrt VM for my router, an Adguard VM for adblocking and who knows what else. Should be a fun gadget to mess with.

S40d8a1fc768343729619bb7dee023181D.png_640x640.png_~2.jpg

Last edited:

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
They were losing their ass being undercut/competed with by their own supplier, they didn't have a choice but to get out
Can't wait until the overpriced 4080/4090 launch tomorrow as the crypto miners continue to dump 3000 series cards en masse and prices continue to drop.

I've been team Green for a while but they can honestly get fucked at this point. They got addicted to COVID era profits and want to continue to try and fleece everyone.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Ordered this tonight along with a 16GB stick of DDR4 and a 500G NVME drive. Fanless, powered by a 4 core Celeron N5105 with 4 2.5gb Ethernet ports. Going to install proxmox on it, run an openwrt VM for my router, an Adguard VM for adblocking and who knows what else. Should be a fun gadget to mess with.
Link?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Can't wait until the overpriced 4080/4090 launch tomorrow as the crypto miners continue to dump 3000 series cards en masse and prices continue to drop.

I've been team Green for a while but they can honestly get fucked at this point. They got addicted to COVID era profits and want to continue to try and fleece everyone.
I imagine they are going to try and get $2000 for the FE 4090 and $1000 for the 4080...

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I wonder if it's even necessary for me. Outside of ray tracing, haven't found any games that don't run high refresh rate on my 3080 still, and DLSS/CASFX will help when it does
Since I don't really care about mining right now, I'm only getting one for my gaming machine. My sim rig is running 3 1440P monitors can be pretty taxing, and I'm tired of the micro stutters I get when racing with a lot of cars around, hoping the 4080 (and an upgrade to the 5800X3D) can finally get a handle on it.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026