CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Yea they started that when they went "free to play" lol
I tried to figure out a way for him to skip it, but apparently you can't. Surprised it didn't make me run through it too.

I played a few rounds with bots anyway to get used to it again. Most fun was just driving around running them over. I noticed they can detect when you shoot at them even though they can't have heard the shot yet. They will duck bullets in flight. Such typical PUBG. :artshark:

Game does run really smooth now though.

Reactions: stevezissou

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
I tried to figure out a way for him to skip it, but apparently you can't. Surprised it didn't make me run through it too.

I played a few rounds with bots anyway to get used to it again. Most fun was just driving around running them over. I noticed they can detect when you shoot at them even though they can't have heard the shot yet. They will duck bullets in flight. Such typical PUBG. :artshark:

Game does run really smooth now though.
Yep crazy how far the game has come from where it started although it has been out a LONG time

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I know some don't care for the EK water blocks, but they already have a 40 series in the works...

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Yep crazy how far the game has come from where it started although it has been out a LONG time
I bought a PC to run it in 2017 a few months after it came out in EA. Its what got me back into multiplayer gaming. I had quit gaming almost entirely from about 2011 until late 2016.

Trying to play PUBG at first was sooooooo bad. I had a Core 2 Q9450 and an RX480. Lobby was 3-4 FPS. Cities were around 15 fps. Empty fields would get into the 20s. CPU usage was 100% with the GPU idling along.

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Wtf, 3080 has a 192 bit memory bus. :ugh:
I was looking at the 40 series chart, looks like the memory gets a 128 bit bus per 8GB of ram (so 12GB is 8GB (128bit) plus 4GB (64bit) for a total of 192bits worth of memory bus.

Whether that translates down to the 30 series I dunno, just happened to remember this post and noticed the chart while listening to Steve :o

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
What's the deal with the new cards? Do I upgrade my 3080 I paid $750 for? If so, which one?
wolf-of-wall-street-no.gif

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I was looking at the 40 series chart, looks like the memory gets a 128 bit bus per 8GB of ram (so 12GB is 8GB (128bit) plus 4GB (64bit) for a total of 192bits worth of memory bus.

Whether that translates down to the 30 series I dunno, just happened to remember this post and noticed the chart while listening to Steve :o
Actually looking at this chart:

1663708534406.png

I'm willing to bet they changed their memory interface method.

EdgeOfSanity

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
Houston, Tx
When have they ever released a ti first?
Pascal when it was called the titan x. I bought 2 of them on launch day in Aug 2016 about 7 months before the 1080ti. They've shuffled around their product stack so many times it's hard to make direct comparisons. Could also argue the 2080ti was a day 1 launch for the full chip which I also bought 2 of in Sept 2018. There never was a titan for that series(titan v was on a different arch). I also believe titan x Maxwell came out prior to the 980ti. Probably some of the other titans too but I can't remember that far back.

Reactions: Scoob_13

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza