geforce-rtx-40-series-gaming-performance.png

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I really havent done any research on this but it appears the 3090ti (at $1100) is the better deal?

was referecing this post, but was too slow. 4080 12gb seems worse than the 3090 ti in some games, despite having much higher synthetic performance.

Looks like actual gains in raster are modest, most of the "up to 4x" are based on ray tracing improvements. Raster looks like 50% ish, and this is with the cherry picked games.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Can you even get higher than 20 FPS on a 3090 playing PUBG on medium settings?
My 3080Ti is over 250fps. It doesn't run shitty like it used to except for people that have it crash a lot. (see Youtube for video of Chocotaco uninstalling the game)

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
My 3080Ti is over 250fps. It doesn't run shitty like it used to except for people that have it crash a lot. (see Youtube for video of Chocotaco uninstalling the game)
I’m glad they finally optimized it then

Back in the day it was a total stinker

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
The PUBG devs should be forced to play a good game until they learn how to make one
It was a good game for a little while (for clarification: one or two patch cycles) after they fixed the major bugs. Then they re-introduced most of them back into the game and I stopped playing it.

I haven't played in so long I don't know if they fixed the audio issues or not. That was always a big one for me that you couldn't locate people because sounds wouldn't play at all or would come from the completely wrong direction.

Reactions: CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
It was a good game for a little while after they fixed the major bugs. Then they re-introduced most of them back into the game and I stopped playing it.

I haven't played in so long I don't know if they fixed the audio issues or not. That was always a big one for me that you couldn't locate people because sounds wouldn't play at all or would come from the completely wrong direction.
that's a big one for literally anyone, that's one of the core parts of FPS gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LandenStein