CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
When we were house hunting a while back, it was a selling point for me. Ours has cement tile which is supposed to last for 50+ years, installed maybe 10 years prior.
Yeah, the shitty thing is, the shingles are only like 7 years old, they had put them on a couple years before I bought the house. The roofer that did the install was just incompetent and didn't do anything correctly. They didn't flash it correctly, all the decking is delaminating and should have been changed etc... which has caused a leak in my sun room.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Free is always nice.

I admit I didn't look real closely at $250 SFF cases. Most of the $100-150 cases I looked at were limited to ~150mm coolers.
Yeah, I wasn't too excited about it either, but it's definitely the highest quality case I have, they cut no corners. The next closest would be the new Lian Li/Dan A4H2O which is like $150 with a PCI 4.0 cable, however it's much smaller and is designed for a 240 AIO.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Yeah, I wasn't too excited about it either, but it's definitely the highest quality case I have, they cut no corners. The next closest would be the new Lian Li/Dan A4H2O which is like $150 with a PCI 4.0 cable, however it's much smaller and is designed for a 240 AIO.
I though the Lian Li was bigger?

May 8, 2001
Colorado
The only thing really holding me back besides cost is having to buy a new windows license and set all that shit up. I hate doing that.

Also, will have to get a new cooler since the 10900KF will still need the existing beefy one.
Microsoft won't issue a new license if you upgrade your processor?

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Just use someone like CDKdeals, you can get a license for under $15, that's how I get all mine.
I need to reassess where to get em. Last time I did Kinguin and it had the creepiest vibes. Had to use their assistant to activate. It was with NextCDKeys seller, which was supposed to be the most reputable one.

OR I just buy the damn thing from Amazon and be done.

Reactions: mistergin

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I need to reassess where to get em. Last time I did Kinguin and it had the creepiest vibes. Had to use their assistant to activate. It was with NextCDKeys seller, which was supposed to be the most reputable one.

OR I just buy the damn thing from Amazon and be done.
Yeah, I bought my first 2 from Amazon, but screw paying over $100 for a license...

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Yeah, I bought my first 2 from Amazon, but screw paying over $100 for a license...
I don't really like it, but you actually get quite a lot more out of windows than you used to. Competent anti-malware real time protection, linking to microsoft account, free online office apps, free cloud storage, easy logins....yeah i know you can get that still for paying less, i just don't feel as bad about paying full price.

Reactions: mistergin

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
we just fixed the activation with my partners key, she bought a pro key and we installed home :mamoru:
Did you use the pro key? There's a way to update from home to pro so you can use a pro key. That's what I did on my Thermaltake prebuilt I bought that had home. I mainly only want pro so I can use RDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026