CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I use to be that coffee bro. But quit coffee a few years ago.
It's a fun hobby if you enjoy the taste. You can get extremely nerdy with espresso, and also you can add pid control and sensors to dial in your shots. It's a fucking MONEY PIT though. Almost as bad as high end audio.

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca

They're all buying these:
q0ywzqunv6h81.jpg

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
cliffs first guy try hards
old computer (didn't watch)
coffee snob
:rofl: I love coffee, and grind my own beans, but that's about as far as I go, I use a Keurig for crying out loud :mamoru2: But it pretty much comes out the same every time and it takes like a minute 2 tops of my time to brew my daily cup.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I mostly stopped drinking coffee. Will have it once in a while. Usually Tommy Lee Jones brand canned cold brew.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Holy crap, I REALLY need to go get my eyes checked and my prescription updated! Dropped another AMD CPU while installing it and bent 1 pin in the pretty much absolute middle of the array somehow and I missed it during my first and second visual check. I had to get the magnifying glass out in order to see the damn thing :rofl: It was quite the chore getting it straightened back up while trying to hold the magnifying glass at the same time as well :rofl:

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Same use to drink OG monsters in college

Lost a lot of weight when I stopped drinking them wonder why......
When they first came out we were buying so many at the office that we made a deal with the convenience store we were getting them from to buy them in bulk :rofl: I was working 80+ hours a week because I was doing mine and my bosses job because he was out getting a bone marrow transplant. I was mainly getting the Blue ones though, they either had less or no sugar.

I think I drank them for about 3 or 4 months before I gave up and went back to coffee because they were making me WAAAAAAY too jittery :rofl:

Reactions: stevezissou

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Ya'll ever get talked into a being on webinars as a SME?

Pretty sure I'll do alright on this as public speaking has never been a big issue, but still kinda nervous I'll say something stupid. lol

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Holy crap, I REALLY need to go get my eyes checked and my prescription updated! Dropped another AMD CPU while installing it and bent 1 pin in the pretty much absolute middle of the array somehow and I missed it during my first and second visual check. I had to get the magnifying glass out in order to see the damn thing :rofl: It was quite the chore getting it straightened back up while trying to hold the magnifying glass at the same time as well :rofl:
In the past year my presbyopia has gotten really fuckin bad. IDK what's going on but I find myself not being able to see SHIT with my glasses on closer than maybe 6 inches. I gotta take em off and do the old man thing

this is me now since I hit 40:

Presbyopia.png

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Ya'll ever get talked into a being on webinars as a SME?

Pretty sure I'll do alright on this as public speaking has never been a big issue, but still kinda nervous I'll say something stupid. lol
I volunteered for something one time that involved training a lot of people face to face everywhere in the region, I didn't get paid anything more, and it sucked. Won't do again. Unless you're getting paid more for it, or expect advancement in some way, don't.

Edited for a little less self doxxing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman