CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
In the past year my presbyopia has gotten really fuckin bad. IDK what's going on but I find myself not being able to see SHIT with my glasses on closer than maybe 6 inches. I gotta take em off and do the old man thing

this is me now since I hit 40:

Presbyopia.png
Yeah, it really sucks and hit me hard at 45. I still have like 20:20 far sight (use to be 20:10), but up close everything is blurry as fuck now :wtc:

• Support
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

EdgeOfSanity

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
Houston, Tx
How dumb would it be to upgrade from a 5950x to a 13900k right now? Seems the 4090 bottlenecks at 4k in some games with lower minimums being the biggest issue. I had originally planned to wait for meteor lake before another cpu upgrade but that will come out in between GPU launches. If I did upgrade next year(or whenever it comes out) it would be a partial teardown of an absolutely massive build which takes a lot of time and effort on my part. I really prefer to build something and forget about any upgrades for at least a couple of years.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
It takes like 30s. :dunno:

EDIT: Assume you mean grinding.

Takes a couple minutes for a cup using Aeropress.
The grinding the measuring, the pouring etc thats not gonna fulfill my 8shots of espresso a day needs

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
How dumb would it be to upgrade from a 5950x to a 13900k right now? Seems the 4090 bottlenecks at 4k in some games with lower minimums being the biggest issue. I had originally planned to wait for meteor lake before another cpu upgrade but that will come out in between GPU launches. If I did upgrade next year(or whenever it comes out) it would be a partial teardown of an absolutely massive build which takes a lot of time and effort on my part. I really prefer to build something and forget about any upgrades for at least a couple of years.
I say go for it, you'll have the cooling capacity to keep it tamed and if you can get results anywhere near what I've been getting out of my 13700K (better than the stock 13900K in the game I play) with an air cooler it should be quite impressive and hold you over...

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Intel has high power consumption....but does it really in practice? Timestamped

Used HWInfo, so not really sure it's accurate, but it's food for thought.

Reactions: yonson

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman