CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Yup, tried 1 stick in each slot, 2 different CPU's that were supported, and 2 PSU's. The LED would come on and stay lit with power, but they don't even specify what that means. When you press the power button nothing happens, I even pulled the preinstalled header panel connector and tried manually jumping the power.
unplug all hard drives/nvme's as well?

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
unplug all hard drives/nvme's as well?
Yup, only 1 NVME drive, and the wireless card, both of which I removed and tried again since neither was needed to go into the BIOS. I even tried without RAM and CPU to see if I could get to the BIOS. The only thing I didn't try 2 of was the GPU, because I only have 1 that fits :rofl: but I know it works along with everything else since I just pulled everything else out of a working system.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Yup, only 1 NVME drive, and the wireless card, both of which I removed and tried again since neither was needed to go into the BIOS. I even tried without RAM and CPU to see if I could get to the BIOS. The only thing I didn't try 2 of was the GPU, because I only have 1 that fits :rofl: but I know it works along with everything else since I just pulled everything else out of a working system.
Ok last question board isn't grounding out on the case anywhere and you used all the standoff posts right? RIGHT?

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
Limited to 2 parity drives, slow performance, outdated design and functionality.
i'm ok with 2 parity drives, was planning on running a single anyways. i agree about performance, it could be improved.
my use case for this is a cheap backup server to my nas, so doesn't need to be anything fast or fancy

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
i'm ok with 2 parity drives, was planning on running a single anyways. i agree about performance, it could be improved.
my use case for this is a cheap backup server to my nas, so doesn't need to be anything fast or fancy
Truenas is free and has way more features and expandable options and native s3 bucket cloud sync options

Reactions: dorkultra

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
So I saw this the other day
Ridge_KV_Black_Vertical_1-2560-1440x1018.jpg

FIts a 335mm 3 slot GPU. Makes me want to do a build with a MORA. Would clear up a lot of desk space.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I had to get a new mouse because my old one (Razer Atheris) was starting to get a little stuttery. Holy crap, this is going to take some getting use to! I thought the new one (Glorious model O wireless) was going to be 5 grams heavier which is no big deal. :rofl: Well come to find out it's 55 grams LIGHTER! I didn't realize the weight of the Atheris was WITHOUT batteries, and with batteries it was 126 grams! The model O has a built in rechargeable battery so there wasn't anything to add weight.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Ok last question board isn't grounding out on the case anywhere and you used all the standoff posts right? RIGHT?
The motherboard came pre-installed in the case, so I didn't mess with any of that. I've already got a replacement coming and have the old one boxed up ready to ship back Monday on their dime...

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I had to get a new mouse because my old one (Razer Atheris) was starting to get a little stuttery. Holy crap, this is going to take some getting use to! I thought the new one (Glorious model O wireless) was going to be 5 grams heavier which is no big deal. :rofl: Well come to find out it's 55 grams LIGHTER! I didn't realize the weight of the Atheris was WITHOUT batteries, and with batteries it was 126 grams! The model O has a built in rechargeable battery so there wasn't anything to add weight.
I used a Razer Viper Ultimate for a while; was really light and I liked it except for the software. I believe it was only 74g.

I am now once again trying a lighter mouse from the G502 (121g no extra weights), the G203 lightsync which is 85g.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I used a Razer Viper Ultimate for a while; was really light and I liked it except for the software. I believe it was only 74g.

I am now once again trying a lighter mouse from the G502 (121g no extra weights), the G203 lightsync which is 85g.
I never even tried the software for the Atheris because it didn't need it that I know of, so I just cancelled every time it tried installing. The Glorious software is decent. I do like that you can set the DPI to whatever you want.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Not watching. But 48 ain't too big. :nope:
I agree with everything he said about it. It would be different if the screen was 3 or 4 feet away, but in my application it would only be 2 feet and that's WAAAY too close for that size monitor on the height side. This 49" ultrawide is pretty much ideal for me at that distance any taller and I'd be moving my head around way too much to view stuff at the top.

Reactions: CPTMULLET

EdgeOfSanity

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
Houston, Tx
I agree with everything he said about it. It would be different if the screen was 3 or 4 feet away, but in my application it would only be 2 feet and that's WAAAY too close for that size monitor on the height side. This 49" ultrawide is pretty much ideal for me at that distance any taller and I'd be moving my head around way too much to view stuff at the top.
At 48" you need 3ft minimum. I wall mounted my cx to get about 3.5ft and it's perfect. When I had it on the desk at about 2ft it was a bit big. I don't see myself ever going back to a smaller monitor.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I never even tried the software for the Atheris because it didn't need it that I know of, so I just cancelled every time it tried installing. The Glorious software is decent. I do like that you can set the DPI to whatever you want.
The ultimate and the black widow keyboard needed it for RGB...I didn't like the software.

I ended up gifting a b450/Ryzen 5 1600 and Vega 64, along with those two and an old Asus vg 24" 144hz TN panel. They love it. Might this year get them a 5600 to drop in, and it will last then a quite a while.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Someone @ me if you see a solid GPU sale please. Think I'm gonna buy one for my kid to upgrade.

6700xt, 6750xt, 6800xt, 3070, 3070ti range probably.

400-500ish

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Someone @ me if you see a solid GPU sale please. Think I'm gonna buy one for my kid to upgrade.

6700xt, 6750xt, 6800xt, 3070, 3070ti range probably.

400-500ish
$480

$370

$555

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman