CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
We usually do a bunch of weekend trips and one or two big trips a year and it is always 100% it. My mood instantly gets better when we have a trip booked.
Word. We booked this trip on a whim looking for a way to burn my Amex points for a holiday trip. Managed to book 4 tickets at 60k points each round trip, to papeete. Crazy good deal considering its right during Xmas holiday season.
Yeah I'm already a noticeably happier person today 🤣

• Love
Reactions: bearsdidit

EdgeOfSanity

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
Houston, Tx
4090 came in today... card is a beast. Haven't had much time with it yet other than some quick benches and some CP2077. Card doubled my fps in CP2077 with dlss 2.0 quality setting and ray tracing + ssao set to psycho. My 3090 was around 40 fps with those settings. The cooler on these cards is ridiculously good like every review I've seen. 500w+ and with the fans on an aggressive curve its like 55-60c. Card is a very average OC'er which is more than I could have hoped for given my luck with GPU silicon.

Also that 12vhpwr connector is a really poor design. I had to triple check that I had it seated correctly and didn't get it fully seated until the third try. Lots of wiggling and pushing to get the connector fully in there and its not immediately obvious once seated.

Jim Lahey

OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Virginia
Was there a site that sends out a notification when graphics cards come in stock online? IIRC may have been mentioned in this thread at some point.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Word. We booked this trip on a whim looking for a way to burn my Amex points for a holiday trip. Managed to book 4 tickets at 60k points each round trip, to papeete. Crazy good deal considering its right during Xmas holiday season.
Yeah I'm already a noticeably happier person today 🤣
Credit card churning ftw. Lol, at this point, I’ve used every good sign up bonus available and working my way through the available options for 2nd and 3rd bonuses. Between churning and work travel, we’ve paid very little to travel over the last 14 years.

• Wow
Reactions: CPTMULLET and Hisma

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Credit card churning ftw. Lol, at this point, I’ve used every good sign up bonus available and working my way through the available options for 2nd and 3rd bonuses. Between churning and work travel, we’ve paid very little to travel over the last 14 years.
how much are you spending per month to get that much back?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman