CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
16 characters, no repeats in a row, and a space?!

conversely, amex just told me my password wasn't accepted because it had a symbol and it needs to not have a symbol.

my BMI songwriter account requires the most security of anything i have, yet my credit card wants it weaker :rofl:
No one's gonna steal your songs now broski

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
any objections to this build? its for music production. already have a relatively new superflower psu i can use, which is why it doesn't list one
i was debating getting one of those bequiet ones instead but i heard they weren't actually all that quiet :o

Personally I'd do a 13700K instead, it's basically an updated 12900K and cheaper.
For memory I'd go with this:
or this if you want RGB:

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
I have a friend who is a software engineer, and he has been trying to tell me that passwords like

Are just as good as strong google passwords lmao

I think he's trolling me, I just don't know enough to counter the assertion :hsugh:
Youre friend is right. Password complexity of random numbers and characters are less secure

• Cool
Reactions: obscure/renegade

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
when i worked at tesla my password was a phrase (series of words separated w/ a space)
seeing as they don't require a symbol or capital letter etc, they probably expect you to do something like that here.
"i enjoy eating bacon"
actually better way of making passwords when u think about it

"elon musk has a refrigerator body"

• Haha
Reactions: TenSteel and Hisma

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
how much are you spending per month to get that much back?
My monthly spend probably averages 1.5-2.5k a month but whenever we have a bigger purchase to make, I’ll usually coordinate signing up for a new credit card.

Between normal spend, sign up bonuses, and work trips, we do OK. At the peak of credit card churning, I had close to a million points across several airlines/hotels.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
My monthly spend probably averages 1.5-2.5k a month but whenever we have a bigger purchase to make, I’ll usually coordinate signing up for a new credit card.

Between normal spend, sign up bonuses, and work trips, we do OK. At the peak of credit card churning, I had close to a million points across several airlines/hotels.
damn, that's fascinating... with the exception of the past couple months I spend a lot less than that so I'll continue not accidentally going down that rabbit hole :mamoru:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Pull 2 sticks and run again, it's most likely 1 stick causing it...
Yup. Pretty sure it’s the third stick given the memory ranges but I’m not sure if the system identifies left->right or channel a 1->2 -> channel b 1->2.

It was too late for me to think straight by the time I finished running the final checks to science it out so I’ll deal with it today :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman