CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Damn, I haven't seen this case before or I might have ordered it instead of the Torrent Compact. newegg has it for $80 ($85 for white) right now.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
I bought a super cheap dell desktop to run HA/Seedbox/plex/whatever else. The lazy part of me wants to use Windows, does anyone have a compelling argument for something else?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl: I don't understand Amazon. For some reason this only happens on electronics and other expensive things. But they'll just slap a shipping label right on a GPU box and send it. I've had this happen with Motherboards and other GPU's, pretty much anything non electronic in the same size box will be shipped in another box.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
:rofl: I don't understand Amazon. For some reason this only happens on electronics and other expensive things. But they'll just slap a shipping label right on a GPU box and send it. I've had this happen with Motherboards and other GPU's, pretty much anything non electronic in the same size box will be shipped in another box.
I had the opposite happen to me recently. They put two monitors inside one giant box then shipped it like that. Always have had the monitors shipped directly before.

• Wow
Reactions: yonson

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
The last time I saw Gpu stock like that was @ Fry's circa 2017
Didn’t play but the return bin at Fry’s has been more and more filled the last couple of times that I’ve gone.

My friends computer arrives from Hawaii this weekend so I’ll make a trip out there on Sunday or Monday.

NGL if there’s a 3090 in that pile I’m going to be hard pressed not to snag it :o

Reactions: yonson
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
hmm remember that BIOS that I said didn't work on the Z690? Well it seems to have disappeared. It was release date mid October.

That version is now gone

1669083074693.png

I'm on the 9/5 BIOS which works. The one that didn't work seems to be gone, lol.

Should I upgrade to the 11/9 one or leave it as is since it works?

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I bought a super cheap dell desktop to run HA/Seedbox/plex/whatever else. The lazy part of me wants to use Windows, does anyone have a compelling argument for something else?
run them all as docker microservices on linux. You'll build useful skills, and if you're a nerd, have fun doing it. Once you get your head around setting up deploying containers with docker-compose & having scripted backups, you'll never go back.

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
hmm remember that BIOS that I said didn't work on the Z690? Well it seems to have disappeared. It was release date mid October.

That version is now gone

View attachment 278885

I'm on the 9/5 BIOS which works. The one that didn't work seems to be gone, lol.

I tried the latest one for my MSI board on the new build and it said it wasn't compatible either, so I just went to the one that added 13th gen support and left it there. :dunno:

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca

That version is now gone

View attachment 278885

Leave it until they add something important

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...

That version is now gone

View attachment 278885

If it's working well, leave it alone!!!

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
run them all as docker microservices on linux. You'll build useful skills, and if you're a nerd, have fun doing it. Once you get your head around setting up deploying containers with docker-compose & having scripted backups, you'll never go back.
:hmm: yeah this really is what I should do

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman