CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Didn’t play but the return bin at Fry’s has been more and more filled the last couple of times that I’ve gone.

My friends computer arrives from Hawaii this weekend so I’ll make a trip out there on Sunday or Monday.

NGL if there’s a 3090 in that pile I’m going to be hard pressed not to snag it :o
It'll probably be overpriced.

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Got a nice undervolt and healthy OC on my GPU dialed in this weekend. Doing another play through of CP2077, after a couple hours gaming, max temps barely touch 80C for both CPU/GPU, so pretty happy with the stability and performance level. Happy enough to stop tinkering for a while at least.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I bought a super cheap dell desktop to run HA/Seedbox/plex/whatever else. The lazy part of me wants to use Windows, does anyone have a compelling argument for something else?
Learn to run it on windows. Then fire up hyperv and learn to deploy on Ubuntu. Then wipe and reload Ubuntu and deploy them. Then learn to containerize them.

Then install k3s and deploy them on Kubernetes.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Some great deals on Logitech stuff on Amazon

Ordered these for the kids Xmas,

White and Blue
Limited-time deal: Logitech G435 LIGHTSPEED and Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Headset - Lightweight over-ear headphones, built-in mics, 18h battery, compatible with Dolby Atmos, PC, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Mobile - White https://a.co/d/8WqMdID

White and Lilac
Limited-time deal: Logitech G203 Wired Gaming Mouse, 8,000 DPI, Rainbow Optical Effect LIGHTSYNC RGB, 6 Programmable Buttons, On-Board Memory, Screen Mapping, PC/Mac Computer and Laptop Compatible - Black https://a.co/d/2zaDHsE

Reactions: XR250rdr and yonson

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
I scored the Sennheiser HD600s for $100 earlier. Anyone who knows their stuff can recommend an amp? I assume hooked to my Denon home theater receiver I don’t need anything?

But hooked to my desktop what is a good bang for your buck? Amp? DAC? ELI5 please

Sennheiser HD 600 - Audiophile Hi-Res Open Back Dynamic Headphone https://a.co/d/22c1aiS

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
I got lucky.

Use to have a pair back in the day. Sounds good but gave me massive ear fatigue.

If you want ballin' on a budget, I've been pretty happy w/ the Ifi Zen Air.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I scored the Sennheiser HD600s for $100 earlier. Anyone who knows their stuff can recommend an amp? I assume hooked to my Denon home theater receiver I don’t need anything?

But hooked to my desktop what is a good bang for your buck? Amp? DAC? ELI5 please

Sennheiser HD 600 - Audiophile Hi-Res Open Back Dynamic Headphone https://a.co/d/22c1aiS
Holy shit, that's a SMOKING deal on those! I paid $255 for my Drop HD 6XX's (same thing but discounted) in 2019... They are great cans, what are you going to power them with?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I particularly enjoy that Amazon shows it as being marked down from $799, which is strange considering its msrp was $699 :hmm:
It's not as bad as AMD's false advertising on their page. They dropped the price, but on their bundle they still claim a $525 savings when it's actually only $150 still :greddy:

• Angry
Reactions: hootpie

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
Holy shit, that's a SMOKING deal on those! I paid $255 for my Drop HD 6XX's (same thing but discounted) in 2019... They are great cans, what are you going to power them with?

I don't know that's what I asked for recommendations. :shrug:

Quick research shows me these are good -

Reactions: yonson

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman