CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

ZeroDeeFeX

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Boulder, CO
I scored the Sennheiser HD600s for $100 earlier. Anyone who knows their stuff can recommend an amp? I assume hooked to my Denon home theater receiver I don’t need anything?

But hooked to my desktop what is a good bang for your buck? Amp? DAC? ELI5 please

Sennheiser HD 600 - Audiophile Hi-Res Open Back Dynamic Headphone https://a.co/d/22c1aiS
Nitsch magni piety will come back soon. Get that and the new Modi with unison. Fucking sings with my JAR HD600

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
My main system is Schiit Yggdrasil A2 > goldpoint passive preamp > monoblock Schiit Tyrs > SR1a with the transformer interface and I wouldn't mind downgrading to the Piety > JAR600 if I had to. It's a phenomenal little amp.
Yeah, everyone is raving about it, so I figured I'd get one for s&g's...

Reactions: TenSteel

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
In today's "hootpie doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with his computer life" saga:

- Cancelled the 7950x from Amazon because I found it $25 cheaper at a local shop
- Thought about ordering the 7950x from the local shop, but didn't
- Thought about ordering a 7900x but didn't
- Ordered a 5800X3D instead :rofl:
This is after the price cuts?

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
In today's "hootpie doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with his computer life" saga:

- Cancelled the 7950x from Amazon because I found it $25 cheaper at a local shop
- Thought about ordering the 7950x from the local shop, but didn't
- Thought about ordering a 7900x but didn't
- Ordered a 5800X3D instead :rofl:
Idk that sounds just about manic enough for me too

• Haha
Reactions: hootpie and yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl:
I just had a AMD tech on their store "hang up on me" in chat when I called them out on their false advertising. He said it was that way for antibot measures. I replied with "BS" and he ended the chat.

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
:rofl:
I just had a AMD tech on their store "hang up on me" in chat when I called them out on their false advertising. He said it was that way for antibot measures. I replied with "BS" and he ended the chat.
Ah, you mean Digital River? The one that received my return (and by that I mean I never actually physically received it, just rejected) and for 3 weeks held my refund hostage?

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
For the people using earphones, does anyone use foam tips? I bought a bunch from Comply like 10+ years ago for my Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10s. Anything better / cheaper these days?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
which false advertising?
They list numerous bundles with varying discounts that are priced way more than buying the GPU and CPU separately. The 6950XT and 7950X show a $525 discount on the bundle, but if you buy them separately it's only $150 off, which is still a decent discount, but not the $525 they say...

Reactions: stevezissou

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman